Report In Tavernier 8/19/12

Today’s trip was out of Tavernier, The ocean was nice with smooth conditions, we ran out to 70 feet and the current was slow to the north, the fish did not want to show very much, I started with a demo and got one tail but, the bite was too slow and far so we moved on to another spot in 82 feet and I noticed a commercial boat near by he was a friend of mine, this spot did not produce in 15min time so as we were picking up anchor I notice the commercial boat was passing by, I text him and he said it was a slow day, they headed south, then we headed to another spot in 55 feet a few miles away and found better current and within 15 minutes, I had the ball of tails behind the boat and the speedo at the chum bag, I got a dozen or so speedo and we caught about a dozen tails and one and a half mangroves, thanks to a cuda, that took the other half. We also caught a nice Mac. After this cuda took the mangrove, the bite dropped and we headed to the deep for the muttons, this customer said to me as we were on the way, all he wanted was a grouper to make his day. When we anchored in the last spot, we got 3 muttons one yellow jack, 1- bonito, 1 yellowtail and 3 sharks and it was time to leave, so I said lets put one more bait down and go , that bait got hit by this 21.lb black, that I weighed on a hand scale, this guy was very happy to say the least. Overall, another good day. here are the pics, Photo1411-1.jpgPhoto1413.jpgPhoto1408.jpgPhoto1414.jpg

Replies

• Lone DrifterLone Drifter Posts: 639 Officer
    Benny congrats to you and the crew on some impressive catching:beer
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Angler_2600Angler_2600 Posts: 1,102 Officer
    Benny great catch! How deep was the black?
  • Got TA GoGot TA Go Posts: 2,608 Captain
    As mentioned earlier...the multitude of comments not related to the actual report have been deleted as I said they would be. If there are questions concerning Benny and his business, please contact him....not me.

Thank You for Understanding,
    And Thank You Benny, for contacting me.

Sincerely,
    Rob
    www.gottagofishinginkeywest.com

Hero's Don't Wear Capes....They Wear Dog Tags.
  • WetFeetWetFeet Posts: 57 Deckhand
    Wetfeet...

Question answered via PM.

Thank You,
    Rob
  • Thread-MinatorThread-Minator Posts: 223 Officer
    Great catch Benny congrats ! :wink
    itsallreallyhappeningp1.gif
  • chiliandochiliando Posts: 609 Officer
    tumblr_ljjqimJeRc1qax9gv.gif :willynilly

Great catch Benny congrats !

That is one crazy looking face!
  • Got TA GoGot TA Go Posts: 2,608 Captain
    Great looking Grouper Benny. :beer

It's making me hungry. :grin

Rob
    www.gottagofishinginkeywest.com

Hero's Don't Wear Capes....They Wear Dog Tags.
  • TavernierGuyTavernierGuy Posts: 917 Officer
    Awesome Black Grouper. Found good current around 11:00 AM. Ventured offshore up by Molassas and found some nice phins. Wahoo bite on. Guys scored a couple 40 plus on Sunday. Yellowtail bite was on fire. Average size was 18 inches. No Grouper or Muttons. Buddies of mine have been scoring some big ones on the wrecks, if you can get them past the sharks.