Pass-a-grille Linesiders

This is my first post on here hope this works out well!

From the end of July up until last week I had good action (didn't get skunked) each time i waded out from the beach at Pass-a-grille. Go early, first light til about 1030, or in the evening 1730-sunset. Net some greenies then chum the outer sandbar in about waist deep water and hold on tight; trout, reds, snook, mackerel, blacktips, and of course the ladyfish. A little split shot about 6-12" up from the hook helps to get it down past the Ladys to the trout, snook, and reds that should eventually come in. Did lose a few hooks to some nice mackerel but also a few mackerel lost to me! The fish in the picks weren't caught on the same outing, each one was caught on three separate trips. There were also two nice trout(18" and 20") that I caught with the red. Good luck its worth the trip!
"Young dreams may be wild ones, but they are never corrected by ridiculing them." Ravi Zacharias

Replies

• DragScreamerDragScreamer Posts: 1,475 Officer
    cool fish bro and welcome!!!!
    Let's go fishing!
  • Mango ManMango Man Posts: 11,058 AG
    Welcome and first great report. I used to fish there all the time. Good fishing. Go around the corner and fish that little pier for Bulls. There's also good snook fishing on Merry Pier.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
    Abraham Lincoln
  • secretspotsecretspot Posts: 377 Officer
    have never fished there ever....but i kill the snook reds and trout within eyesight of there...might go give it a shot
    Jon Brooks Wade Fishing Guide Service/Consult Trips
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/wadefishermancom/196439137047692?__req=5
  • SJCSJC Posts: 2,562 Captain
    Very Nice!
    The Beatings will continue until moral improves!
  • SnookmeisterSnookmeister Posts: 1,035 Officer
    Sick man!!! Those are some nice *** fish. Excellent report man.
    Catch 'em and Release 'em!
    http://tampaurbanangler.blogspot.com/
  • watsondan1515watsondan1515 Posts: 28 Greenhorn
    Yeah that whole area from Merry Pier south around the bend to a little ways north of the jetty is full of fish willing to bite as long as the water is moving. I have seen or caught most every inshore/nearshore gamefish from trout to tarpon from the Jetty.
    "Young dreams may be wild ones, but they are never corrected by ridiculing them." Ravi Zacharias
  • Region RatRegion Rat Posts: 66 Greenhorn
    Grreat job!!
  • LilcthefishslayerLilcthefishslayer Posts: 611 Officer
    Awesome first report! Nice looking fish!
    As far as fish go they were very easy on the eyes!
  • skyway andeskyway ande Posts: 3,334 Captain
    You are in the action for sure!
    God, save the South!
  • ruskinredneckruskinredneck Posts: 1,121 Officer
    Great fish! I used to fish there in the early eighties and would kill it. Haven't fished it in a long time though.
    Still able to kill it. Haven't been disappointed there in a very very long time!
  • DoozeDooze Posts: 233 Officer
    Nice fish and welcome to the forum.
  • IshIsh Posts: 797 Officer
    Nice report and welcome ! Looks like you have had some nice landings , keep it up ...
    Yeah it was good action. I imagine as not much has changed with respect to weather and temperature the action may still be good.