Home Diver's Corner

End of season sales?

dnaberdnaber Posts: 310 Deckhand
Question..... do local dive shops have end of season sales to clear out old stock? Just got certed and looking to start collecting my gear in few months. Wondering if the fall will present better deals or maybe Christmas. Thanks
Don Naber
USAF (Retired)
Middleburg, FL.
God Bless America, And All That Serve This Great Nation

Replies

• jbsrqjbsrq Posts: 230 Deckhand
    keep an eye out for "tent sales". A few times of year our local dives shops and many others will drag extra inventory out in the parking lot and have a clearance sale. also check out www.leisurepro.com . they have some of the best prices around for a lot of gear.

Dive Safe, JB
  • Prop BlastProp Blast Posts: 375 Officer
    Not necessarily. The above mentioned "Tent Sales" are done by some shops to clear out inventory, but there's no rule that come Oct, when diving slows down, LDS's discount equipment.

What you will find is that the busy shops will clear out some of their rental stock regualors, BCDs, and computers once a year and obviously discount.

PB
    Prop Blast wrote: »
    Not necessarily. The above mentioned "Tent Sales" are done by some shops to clear out inventory, but there's no rule that come Oct, when diving slows down, LDS's discount equipment.

What you will find is that the busy shops will clear out some of their rental stock regualors, BCDs, and computers once a year and obviously discount.

PB

I didn't say there is any time frame I just said it happens. In addition, I have been to two different tent sales at the same shop in the past few months and all of the items on sale were new. Though they are quite random, keep an eye out and if you are looking for a quick deal there are tons of discount websites.

JB
  • Prop BlastProp Blast Posts: 375 Officer
    jbsrq wrote: »
    I didn't say there is any time frame I just said it happens. In addition, I have been to two different tent sales at the same shop in the past few months and all of the items on sale were new. Though they are quite random, keep an eye out and if you are looking for a quick deal there are tons of discount websites. JB

My reference to Oct was not to you, but the OP. He asked about, "end of season" and then "Christmas", you didn't. My point was that LDS's putting equipment on sale is random --- they have their own calendar.

PB
    Completely agree Prop Blast. Once in a while you get lucky driving by and see a sale but that's about the extent of it.

JB
  • Ludwigia73Ludwigia73 Posts: 237 Officer
    Hit up a marine flea market, kindof like our Dania Marine Flea Market. Usually find some good stuff there! I actually got some great deals when I went to Orlando on training for my company a few years back... They had a couple of BC's on clearance, for $100. Brand new. Got home and reasearched it, and it was a $379 BC at a large retail store.
  • reelcountryreelcountry Posts: 50 Deckhand
    Force-E dive shop in Riviera Beach has a big Labor Day weekend tent sale. They clear out all the rental gear each year and have sale prices on new stuff. I outfitted the entire family last year. get on their e-mail list and you can shop on Friday before everyone else.
    Just being right ain't always enough.
  • IntheslotIntheslot Posts: 342 Deckhand
    Force-E dive shop in Riviera Beach has a big Labor Day weekend tent sale. They clear out all the rental gear each year and have sale prices on new stuff. I outfitted the entire family last year. get on their e-mail list and you can shop on Friday before everyone else.

THIS!!!!!!!!!