Home Shimano

Waxwing or Terez Quesition

rosshavrosshav Posts: 47 Deckhand
Bantam,

I have a couple of Terez Rods. I like them thus far. I think I saw a 8ft spinning Waxwing Terez (Heavy Action) rod at a local tackle shop....I can't find them on the website. Are these discontinued? Want to use them for new Sustain 10000s.....tarpon fishing.....Are Terramar your only other 8ft rod suggestion?

Replies

• bantam1bantam1 Posts: 541 Officer
    TZSW80H is the model number and they were added earlier this year. We also have the Tallus Blue Water spinning TLS80HB and TLS80MHB models. The Teramars are good options for your application depending on the size of the tarpon.
  • rosshavrosshav Posts: 47 Deckhand
    Well....want to put a new Sustain 10000 on the rod....so I think the Tallus is overboard. How does the terez TZSW80H match up vs Say the Teramar TMS-80H or TMS-X80XH..They feel very similar........When I say match up....I mean rod action...etc.

This is for 60 lbs to over 150s......I have used the teremars on these fish...and like the rod.....just want to continue w the Terez collection.
    The Terez Waxwing rods are a little slower in action, but they have good backbone. I would suggest going to your local shop to bend the rods to see if they will work for you.
  • rosshavrosshav Posts: 47 Deckhand
    Bantam

I have now played around with the TZSW80H at a tackle shop. I see some people advertising TZSW80M and TZSW80MH.

1.) Do these other 2 8ft rods exist?

2.) Are they a different blank size or just different action?

Asking my local tackle shop to get these in to take a look....but the shimano catalog does not offer them. Want to purchase two...just want the right rod.
    Yes these rods exist and they are in the catalog. They are built with the same material, just with different actions. These rods are more popular for the west coast so most east coast dealers will not stock them.