Home Politics

HuffingPo says the boycott is really effecting Chick-fil-A

Replies

• Oldfox1939Oldfox1939 Posts: 521 Officer
    Wife and I had lunch there today.

Unreal.......line was 100 feet out the door, Drive-thru was 2 wide and over a block long.

Heard Romney's name mentioned in a positive way and Obama's name in a negative way several times.

If this is any indication of the election.....Romney Wins.
  • Split ShotSplit Shot Posts: 6,190 Admiral
    Windexing the skid marks! That was classic! (who ever that was)
  • navigator2navigator2 Posts: 22,511 AG
    Split Shot wrote: »
    Windexing the skid marks! That was classic! (who ever that was)

:grin :wink :USA
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Orange'n'Blue SnapperOrange'n'Blue Snapper Posts: 1,384 Officer
    My boss bought us all breakfast this morning. I dont care who you are, what you think or who your F#$%ing. That was some good stuff.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • CaptTaterCaptTater Posts: 20,096 AG
    Unbelievable: We managed to take up 8 pages based on where to eat based on who is ****ing who.
    This country is going straight down the crapper. Your children's futures is being sold on a global market. But by all means concentrate on who is ****ing who. that's going to help them a lot when they can't afford to feed their children.
    because society is collapsing all around us.
    We've already lost the mother/father/children unit that lasted for hundreds of thousands of years. Now single moms call to the government to raise the children.
    Poor make up over 50% of the population and expect the top 2% to pay even more so they can keep procreating.
    We are allowing illgals in an and supporting And educating them vs our own citizens.
    Now we will fine/tax people if they choose to not participate in the insurance system vs making halthcare affordable by fixing the legal system and regulation .
    All of those and more lead to the US losing the long standing status as the largest economy.
    So it deserves a thousand pages to save the society before we become just a series of lines on a .so around 300M people without common interests which happens to be what a society is. At the same time we are allowing Islam societieas to flourish and have a leader helping make it happen..... Egypt, lybia, Iraq, Syria are all moving toward the extreme with US HELP.
    Sent from my Venue Pro using Board Express
    I did not read the story but if you take tax payers money maybe you should be held to some standards.-Cyclist
    when we say the same thing about welfare recipients, you cry like a wounded buffalo Sopchoppy
    It's their money, they spend it how they like. Truth and honesty have nothing to do with it. - Mr Jr
    "“A radical is one who advocates sweeping changes in the existing laws and methods of government.” "
  • pointerDixie214pointerDixie214 Posts: 5,658 Admiral
    THE SKY IS FAAAALLLLLIIINNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    "Her beauty radiated like a beacon from a lighthouse!" - Buddy McCoy :hail
  • CaptTaterCaptTater Posts: 20,096 AG
    How is your job going PD? :)
    I did not read the story but if you take tax payers money maybe you should be held to some standards.-Cyclist
    when we say the same thing about welfare recipients, you cry like a wounded buffalo Sopchoppy
    It's their money, they spend it how they like. Truth and honesty have nothing to do with it. - Mr Jr
    "“A radical is one who advocates sweeping changes in the existing laws and methods of government.” "
  • nuclearfishnnuclearfishn Posts: 8,356 Admiral
    CaptTater wrote: »
    because society is collapsing all around us.
    We've already lost the mother/father/children unit that lasted for hundreds of thousands of years. Now single moms call to the government to raise the children.
    Poor make up over 50% of the population and expect the top 2% to pay even more so they can keep procreating.
    We are allowing illgals in an and supporting And educating them vs our own citizens.
    Now we will fine/tax people if they choose to not participate in the insurance system vs making halthcare affordable by fixing the legal system and regulation .
    All of those and more lead to the US losing the long standing status as the largest economy.
    So it deserves a thousand pages to save the society before we become just a series of lines on a .so around 300M people without common interests which happens to be what a society is. At the same time we are allowing Islam societieas to flourish and have a leader helping make it happen..... Egypt, lybia, Iraq, Syria are all moving toward the extreme with US HELP.
    Not buying it. The people who run this country.( big business/law/media) know exactly what buttons to push in this society. They always know when to push the sex button. It's a smoke screen. while one hand is pushing that button the other hand is finding a new way to sell this country off to the highest bidder.
  • navigator2navigator2 Posts: 22,511 AG

Housewife? :grin
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • BeckBeck Posts: 2,332 Captain
    Just talked to my buddy that owns a CFA......so busy today he is almost out of chicken!
    Not buying it. The people who run this country.( big business/law/media) know exactly what buttons to push in this society. They always know when to push the sex button. It's a smoke screen. while one hand is pushing that button the other hand is finding a new way to sell this country off to the highest bidder.

Yeah they love drama like this because it takes the sting out of stuff like say,... when the govt supplies weapons to the mexican cartels and the same weapons are used to kill US law enforcement all because someone thought it would help eliminate the 2nd admendment. Politicans love spotlight changers. Eric Holder will fade away without facing any consequences.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • pointerDixie214pointerDixie214 Posts: 5,658 Admiral

Pretty good. Just had my first quarter review yesterday and got a nice fat raise. How about you?
    "Her beauty radiated like a beacon from a lighthouse!" - Buddy McCoy :hail
  • mikevmikev Posts: 10,822 AG
    Cytranic wrote: »
    I just called all the Chick Fil A's in Florida. Almost all of them have little to no business. Prove me wrong.

I don't care who you are, that right there is funny!
    "The only people that tell you it can't be done are the people who haven't done it themselves."
    I just called all the Chick Fil A's in Florida. Almost all of them have little to no business. Prove me wrong.

They got our business around 7am this morning. My secratary said it looked like a normal day when she was there. $50 buys alot of sandwiches, tater tots, and waffle fries. And yes they sell waffle fries for breakfast.

If you think this guys comments are going to sink his business your very wrong. Most people dont care about stuff like this. They want either good products or cheap products. Chick-fil-a has a pretty good market share of loyal customers. This wont faze those customers. Walmarts CEO in 2009 was all over the news for signing and supporting anti-gay petitions. There was all types of boycotts and crap. That didnt even put a dent in Walmarts business. The shareholders werent happy about it at the time but everyone eventually moved on. Just this year he got re-elected into his position by a 90% vote.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • 2true2true Posts: 2,112 Captain
    'Opponents of the company's stance are planning "Kiss Mor Chiks" for
    Friday, when they are encouraging people of the same sex to show up at
    Chick-fil-A restaurants around the country and kiss each other.'
    picture-182589.gif
  • mikevmikev Posts: 10,822 AG
    2true wrote: »
    'Opponents of the company's stance are planning "Kiss Mor Chiks" for
    Friday, when they are encouraging people of the same sex to show up at
    Chick-fil-A restaurants around the country and kiss each other.'

Now that's something that will really hit them where it counts.
    "The only people that tell you it can't be done are the people who haven't done it themselves."
  • HialeahAnglerHialeahAngler Posts: 9,612 Admiral
    Exactly, a normal day. Nothing changed from yesterday.

Plan Failed.

what plan? Chic-Fil-A didn't start the support day, or are you speaking of the gay plan?
    friedpeacocks.jpg
  • HialeahAnglerHialeahAngler Posts: 9,612 Admiral
    the non flamers?
    friedpeacocks.jpg
    http://www.gainesville.com/article/20120801/ARTICLES/120809983?tc=cr

Appearantly lunchtime was a different story. This is from the Gainesville Sun which is way left media. They had an article yesterday supporting the boycott. They got there bubble burst too.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • fishonfishon Posts: 979 Officer
    Grid lock at Lakeland s CF, let the majority
    Show there thoughts and beleifs,
    Great start for this thread!
    Triton 1870 Bay Sport, 115 merc. 4/stroke,
    Fish Shallow saltwater, lakes central Fl. And Lake Oconee Ga.
    Live in Lakeland
  • Michael RepperMichael Repper Posts: 4,897 Officer
    Regardless of his beliefs, if you are running short on time and faced with a choice between Chic Fil A and the McDonalds next door the choice seems like a pretty simple one to me.

McDonalds is bad. Sooooo very bad....
  • kodiakzachkodiakzach Posts: 6,079 Admiral
    9-Lives wrote: »
    If I were a Franchise owner I'd be furious!

Something tells me those franchise owners aren't too pizzed off after today's sales numbers :)
  • PhescadorPhescador Posts: 3,838 Captain
    kodiakzach wrote: »
    Something tells me those franchise owners aren't too pizzed off after today's sales numbers :)

They will be after corporate takes 15% off the top and another 50% off the cut.
    Ewe Inn Joy Mice Elf.
  • Greg EGreg E Posts: 772 Officer
    Phescador wrote: »
    They will be after corporate takes 15% off the top and another 50% off the cut.

Uuhh they probly knew that before they bought in. You think?
  • PhescadorPhescador Posts: 3,838 Captain
    Greg E wrote: »
    Uuhh they probly knew that before they bought in. You think?

Yes, Valley Girl...I like do think.
    Ewe Inn Joy Mice Elf.
  • Slopps08Slopps08 Posts: 1,038 Officer
    Go chick fil a! Stand by your beliefs! I second it
  • Greg EGreg E Posts: 772 Officer
    Phescador wrote: »
    Yes, Valley Girl...I like do think.

Sorry. Let me try again. I'm certain that before purchasing a franchise the buyer would understand his financial obligations. That being said, I'm sure he is happy with the increase in business.
  • fishingkid315fishingkid315 Posts: 1,955 Captain
    Who cares. It's a fat food restaurant
    Lmao I knows it's wrong but come On!!! There are a lot worse topics.

Tight lines, fishingkid315
    Sarasota,Fl 
    Fishing, Photography, Life
  • Pescatoral PursuitPescatoral Pursuit Posts: 5,065 Admiral
    Menzies wrote: »
    It certainly would be interesting if they forced him out and therefore denied him the same rights they are enjoying....

I would venture to say it is a privilege to work for the company. Not a right.

That's why you lefties are so confused. The word "right" is an enigma to you. The way you can't comprehend that the "right" to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed, has nothing to do with hunting or muskets, or something that can be infringed upon to the point of irrelevency.

Just like enjoying the "right" to work for a private company. Is that one of the "inalienable" rights, granted to us by God, that the Founding Fathers codified into the Constitution?