Home Politics

HuffingPo says the boycott is really effecting Chick-fil-A

coldaircoldair Posts: 11,498 Officer
They received several reports that every Chick-fil-A store was completely empty this past Sunday
169304.GIF

Replies

• fishknutfishknut Posts: 3,928 Captain
    and the one before that too.....
    Fail to plan, plan to fail.......
  • mikevmikev Posts: 10,822 AG
    coldair wrote: »
    They received several reports that every Chick-fil-A store was completely empty this past Sunday

:rotflmao
    "The only people that tell you it can't be done are the people who haven't done it themselves."
  • GermGerm Posts: 1,704 Captain
    actually I think it has a little. Usually no matter the time of the day the ones I go to are always packed. Not when I went this past saturday
  • gandrfabgandrfab Posts: 21,685 AG
    Germ wrote: »
    actually I think it has a little. Usually no matter the time of the day the ones I go to are always packed. Not when I went this past saturday

Go check one out on a Sunday.
  • jad1097jad1097 Posts: 9,611 Admiral
    http://www.myfoxboston.com/story/19144072/2012/07/30/gay-couple-denied-cake

Heard this story and a interview on the radio today and dude said it was much more positive than negative so far.
  • 2centsworth2centsworth Posts: 1,221 Officer
    Germ wrote: »

Not here in their hometown. I went to one at 4 in the afternoon and there were 2 drive thru lines full to the street and about 10 cars waiting on the street. They had to get the cops to direct traffic. We had to park across the street to go in. :thumbsup
    Original member 3093. Sign on date August 23, 2001
  • MenziesMenzies Posts: 19,289 AG
    Went yesterday in JAX using the drive through. Instead of letting me use the drive through there were two people standing there. The first asked me what I wanted and wrote it on a slip and told me to drive to the second who called it in on a radio. I then went to the window and paid and got the grub.
    I suspect they had people driving up to the outside ordering station and verbally abusing the people inside. There were only 3 cars in line, around 11:45.
    Maybe if we tell people that the brain is an App, they will start using it.
  • ScminnowScminnow Posts: 4,094 Captain
    People can certainly choose not to eat at Chick-fil-A if they don’t like Cathy’s views on same-sex marriage.* That’s a free-market response to political activism, and comes from the liberty of individuals being able to choose for themselves the free associations that best fits their needs.* When government demands loyalty to a political agenda rather than compliance with the law as a prerequisite for businesses to operate in their jurisdiction, that’s not freedom or a free market: it’s fascism, plain and simple, as well as extortion, which always goes hand in hand with fascism.
  • FluffyFluffy Posts: 1,762 Captain
    Menz, in my experience they do that all the time, when they are busy of course...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • gandrfabgandrfab Posts: 21,685 AG
    coldair wrote: »
    Coldie has something in that head on his shoulders.

If you blink ya'll might miss something. hehe

That place is closed on Sunday's, .............. the world is doomed I tell you.
  • CaptTaterCaptTater Posts: 20,096 AG
    yep. seen Busy McD and Checkers do that.
    I did not read the story but if you take tax payers money maybe you should be held to some standards.-Cyclist
    when we say the same thing about welfare recipients, you cry like a wounded buffalo Sopchoppy
    It's their money, they spend it how they like. Truth and honesty have nothing to do with it. - Mr Jr
    "“A radical is one who advocates sweeping changes in the existing laws and methods of government.” "
  • pointerDixie214pointerDixie214 Posts: 5,658 Admiral
    I might not agree with their stance on this... but it would be a cold day in hell before I boycotted Chick-fil-a. One of two fast food places I will eat at once or twice a year.

And even though I disagree with their stance, I think it's admirable they are standing by it. It's not like they are refusing to serve gay people. That would be entirely different.
    "Her beauty radiated like a beacon from a lighthouse!" - Buddy McCoy :hail
  • ruskinredneckruskinredneck Posts: 1,121 Officer
    I've tried to go once a day since this started- even if it was just for a drink.
  • 9-Lives9-Lives Posts: 2,124 Captain

And even though I disagree with their stance, I think it's admirable they are standing by it.

If I were a Franchise owner I'd be furious!
    marlin_baitball.gif
  • jakedgejakedge Posts: 1,303 Officer
    I've never been to one but the free advertising they have gotten from the whole gay marriage thing has made me want to check 'em out!
    jakedge wrote: »
    I've never been to one but the free advertising they have gotten from the whole gay marriage thing has made me want to check 'em out!
    Love it
  • BeckBeck Posts: 2,332 Captain
    9-Lives wrote: »

I have a buddy that owns a Chic-fil-a........he shares the same values.

He and his wife came by the house Friday night for drinks and we were discussing it. He has only had a couple people say anything, and they have been civil. Also, he said business was up the last few days. I don't think he is furious at all!
  • reeljobreeljob Posts: 385 Officer
    I ate at one yesterday in Orlando. The drive through line was backed up out into the street. I decided to go inside and the line was 4 deep for all three registers. I thought they were giving free food away or something.
    I was born with nothing, and I have most of it left.
    Best marketing strategy ever align yourself with 80% of the people and let the nutjobs stew. Lol
  • Go MongoGo Mongo Posts: 2,112 Captain
    I love that place. My cousin has two of them in SC. Great business.
    “Every day is a new day. It is better to be lucky. But I would rather be exact. Then when luck comes you are ready.”
    ― Ernest Hemingway, The Old Man and the Sea
  • magotmagot Posts: 6,640 Officer
    I haven't been to a CF in over a decade; too dam expensive. And if I'm buying fast food chicky, Popeyes, Bojangles, Churches, or KFC are higher on my list. But even though I don't do boycotts (well, there was that French thang.) or protests, I'm going tomorrow.
    I don't care what adult homos do with other adult homos, including getting "married." I mean, WGAS?
    But I don't like commie-libs in the press and their stance on this.
  • knotty boysknotty boys Posts: 1,898 Captain
    their peach milk shakes are made with crack cocaine (or something just as addictive)
    Some people are like a slinky, not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you push them down the stairs.
    9-Lives wrote: »
    then you should be quite the knucklehead as you should have read their corporate mission for the past how many dozen years?
    Sent from my Venue Pro using Board Express
    I did not read the story but if you take tax payers money maybe you should be held to some standards.-Cyclist
    when we say the same thing about welfare recipients, you cry like a wounded buffalo Sopchoppy
    It's their money, they spend it how they like. Truth and honesty have nothing to do with it. - Mr Jr
    "“A radical is one who advocates sweeping changes in the existing laws and methods of government.” "
  • Bimini TwistedBimini Twisted Posts: 11,444 AG
    CaptTater wrote: »
    then you should be quite the knucklehead as you should have read their corporate mission for the past how many dozen years?

Ironic though that they serve bacon.

jesus_chick_fil_a.jpg
  • Crazy HorseCrazy Horse Posts: 498 Officer
    This deal is backfiring just like the **** did when Rush schooled her. My family is going there for lunch tommorow and are going to try and spend at least $50.00
  • MenziesMenzies Posts: 19,289 AG
    Nice to see Rush is your benchmark.

You should try and spend 100.
    Maybe if we tell people that the brain is an App, they will start using it.
  • PONCEPONCE Posts: 5,946 Admiral
    Good, I love their chicken sandwiches , I can eat in peace party0023.gif

jesus_chick_fil_a.jpg

Nice, you really do hate America lOl carry on don't really care anyway. Oh and menzie needs a new poster of Obama above his bed thinking old one is probly stained by now . Yea ha lol

jesus_chick_fil_a.jpg
    is it ironic since most Christians go by the new testament and the new testament relieves the restrictions on food. Perhaps some studying before thinking something "ironic" would reduce your expectation of hypocrisy. Ah, probably not.. Continue on,, your believe doesnt offend the majority, too bad the reverse isn't true. There are some good contradictions you may enjoy from the various authors of the bible you could cling to.
    Sent from my Venue Pro using Board Express