Home Politics

Who are the real bigots?

ParkerboyParkerboy Posts: 7,048 Admiral
The hard core liberals are the true bigots. A perfect example is all those who have repeatedly, loudly, and shrilly called Mr. Cathey a bigot. In truth these people are the real bigots in that they are totally and utterly intolerant of Mr. Cathey's belief in traditional marriage. The definition of bigot according to Dictionary.com is : a person who is utterly intolerant of any differing creed, belief, or opinion.

Certainly seems to describe those who call Mr. Cathey a bigot.
Deo Vindice

Replies

• SWFL_F1sh0nSWFL_F1sh0n Posts: 17,248 Officer
    uhm . . would a bigot be someone who thinks another person is inferior because of their skin color, sexual preference or religion?
  • FinfinderFinfinder Posts: 9,999 Admiral
  • ParkerboyParkerboy Posts: 7,048 Admiral
    uhm . . would a bigot be someone who thinks another person is inferior because of their skin color, sexual preference or religion?

Not according to the definition.
    Deo Vindice
    Parkerboy wrote: »
    Not according to the definition.

Or we could use webster.
    http://mw4.merriam-webster.com/wdictionary/bigoted

Main Entry: big·ot
    Pronunciation: \ˈbi-gət\
    Function: noun
    Etymology: French, hypocrite, bigot
    Date: 1660
    : a person who is obstinately or intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices; especially : one who regards or treats the members of a group (as a racial or ethnic group) with hatred and intolerance
    — big·ot·ed \-gə-təd\ adjective
    — big·ot·ed·ly adverb

INSERT PICTURE OF PECKERBOY HERE --->

oh, and to help you with the other big word.
    obstinate

Main Entry: ob·sti·nate
    Pronunciation: \ˈäb-stə-nət\
    Function: adjective
    Etymology: Middle English, from Anglo-French obstinat, Latin obstinatus, past participle of obstinare to be resolved, from ob- in the way + -stinare (akin to stare to stand)
    Date: 14th century
    : perversely adhering to an opinion, purpose, or course in spite of reason, arguments, or persuasion <obstinate resistance to change>
    : not easily subdued, remedied, or removed <obstinate fever>
    — ob·sti·nate·ly adverb
    — ob·sti·nate·ness noun
    Or we could use webster.
    http://mw4.merriam-webster.com/wdictionary/bigoted

Main Entry: big·ot
    Pronunciation: \ˈbi-gət\
    Function: noun
    Etymology: French, hypocrite, bigot
    Date: 1660
    : a person who is obstinately or intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices; especially : one who regards or treats the members of a group (as a racial or ethnic group) with hatred and intolerance
    — big·ot·ed \-gə-təd\ adjective
    — big·ot·ed·ly adverb

INSERT PICTURE OF PECKERBOY HERE --->

oh, and to help you with the other big word.
    obstinate

Main Entry: ob·sti·nate
    Pronunciation: \ˈäb-stə-nət\
    Function: adjective
    Etymology: Middle English, from Anglo-French obstinat, Latin obstinatus, past participle of obstinare to be resolved, from ob- in the way + -stinare (akin to stare to stand)
    Date: 14th century
    : perversely adhering to an opinion, purpose, or course in spite of reason, arguments, or persuasion <obstinate resistance to change>
    : not easily subdued, remedied, or removed <obstinate fever>
    — ob·sti·nate·ly adverb
    — ob·sti·nate·ness noun

And where does anything Mr. CATHEY indicate that he is a bigot? All he did was state that he believes marriage is between a man and a woman. It is those like you who are the bigots, wanting to destroy his business. Welcome to the neighborhood Missy you pathetic hypocrite.
    Deo Vindice
    And where does anything Mr. CATHEY indicate that he is a bigot? All he did was state that he believes marriage is between a man and a woman. It is those like you who are the bigots, wanting to destroy his business. Welcome to the neighborhood Missy you pathetic hypocrite.

uhm, where did I mention anything about Cathy? I figure the insert picture of Peckerboy would even clue YOU in that it was about YOU. As in YOU are a bigot, and to my knowledge NOT a Liberal.
    uhm, where did I mention anything about Cathy? I figure the insert picture of Peckerboy would even clue YOU in that it was about YOU. As in YOU are a bigot, and to my knowledge NOT a Liberal.

You just proved your ignorance and inability to stay on topic. This thread is about the liberals being the true bigots towards Mr. Cathey, not me. Please feel free to start a thread about me if you like but you know nothing more about me than you do about Mr. Cathey.
    Deo Vindice
    You just proved your ignorance and inability to stay on topic. This thread is about the liberals being the true bigots towards Mr. Cathey, not me. Please feel free to start a thread about me if you like but you know nothing more about me than you do about Mr. Cathey.

No, this thread is about YOUR opinion that for Liberals to disagree with Cathy that they are somehow the REAL bigots. I simply pointed out that you are a REAL bigot and not a liberal, basically pointing out your ignorance and hypocrisy in starting a thread like this in the first place.

So I would say that I am very much on topic, since the topic is that liberals are really bigots and I have proven that to be untrue.
  • mikevmikev Posts: 10,822 AG
    What Cathy said is no more important to me than what the President said about gay marriage. Non issue, nothing to see here. I'm more about the economy. So why am I posting on this thread? I dunno, good question.
    "The only people that tell you it can't be done are the people who haven't done it themselves."
  • onthefiftyonthefifty Posts: 4,093 Captain
    No, this thread is about YOUR opinion that for Liberals to disagree with Cathy that they are somehow the REAL bigots. I simply pointed out that you are a REAL bigot and not a liberal, basically pointing out your ignorance and hypocrisy in starting a thread like this in the first place.

So I would say that I am very much on topic, since the topic is that liberals are really bigots and I have proven that to be untrue.

LOL Oh, the irony!!!
    mikev wrote: »
    What Cathy said is no more important to me than what the President said about gay marriage. Non issue, nothing to see here. I'm more about the economy. So why am I posting on this thread? I dunno, good question.

Mike, you are absolutely right, however that will be saved for the debates. Now let's get back to Bust positioning in the white house!
    onthefifty wrote: »
    LOL Oh, the irony!!!

I know right? I can't believe he was stupid enough to start the thread either!
  • CaptBobBryantCaptBobBryant Posts: 5,716 Officer

Did Mr Cathey say anyone was inferior..I am sure he did not call all gays liberals
    National Association of Recreational Anglers - Add Your Voice
    https://www.facebook.com/RecAnglers?notif_t=page_new_likes