Seven American arrested for NOT checking in Bahamas!

Replies

• conchydongconchydong Pompano BeachPosts: 4,248 Captain
    How would you feel if a bunch of Bahamian boats came on our side of the EEZ and started catching "our" swordfish, of course, for pleasure?

“Everyone behaves badly--given the chance.”
    ― Ernest Hemingway

• GT FishGT Fish Posts: 9,448 Officer
    conchydong wrote: »
    How would you feel if a bunch of Bahamian boats came on our side of the EEZ and started catching "our" swordfish, of course, for pleasure?

Ha! People come to america everyday illegally and drain our resources..
    mousey.gif
    61903c544aca27b57fb2aa29e6bc4a3b.gif
    gnat.gifWzz6I.gif
  • conchydongconchydong Pompano BeachPosts: 4,248 Captain
    GT Fish wrote: »
    Ha! People come to america everyday illegally and drain our resources..

Agreed, but those people stay with the Govt.s blessing so they can breed and create future votes for the Democratic party!

“Everyone behaves badly--given the chance.”
    ― Ernest Hemingway

• snappernappersnappernapper Posts: 68 Deckhand
    Gary M wrote: »
    At Bimini Sands during a Tournament in 2009.........

Bimini2009120.jpg

217012_1754512338470_1108770097_31616547_1490183_n.jpg

Same boat at Big Game early summer... I asked how long they'd been there and was told... The boat hasn't moved for a week and a half. When it did it was a tour for the minister of tourism.. also it was on one engine and looked beat up!

They definitely from what I see haven't kept up on maintenance..
    rsz_1242264_10150193540116623_718981622_7293522_6334632_o.jpg

Bring on the 2011- 2012 season!
  • snappernappersnappernapper Posts: 68 Deckhand
    ohhh and the quote of the the weekend after seeing the boat... "No chain link, barb wire, picket, privacy or pool fences allowed in this town, sir!"
    rsz_1242264_10150193540116623_718981622_7293522_6334632_o.jpg

Bring on the 2011- 2012 season!
  • producebproduceb Posts: 95 Greenhorn
    I know they have atleast one very fast and nice boat. I was at Grand when the Prime Minster came for a few days. He had a hell of a boat followed by 2 of the grey more military looking ones.
  • 2amigo2amigo Posts: 4,330 Captain
    conchydong wrote: »

Sooo, you have never been out 30 miles and caught a dolphin? Like I said, those distances were set up to restrict huge commercial operations. I don't think we would care either if a Bahamian boat came a little over halfway across and caught dolphin.
  • isla21isla21 Posts: 2,115 Officer
    It might be a cool sight seeing a little Whaler hooked up on a swordie!!!
  • doubledowndoubledown Posts: 3 Greenhorn
    Rod,

To be honest half of those nasty emails came from me! 'm going to join the pier rats on Saturdays just so we can get together and rag on you.

:devil
  • CoronaoCoronao Posts: 101 Officer
    Nice to see that the bleeding stopped.Kotex works every time.
  • TailwalkerTailwalker Posts: 61 Greenhorn
    I guess I didn't go about it the right way loading up on those eighteen schoolies on my way over but I would probably do it again knowing that I'm going to check in and not taking advantage our neighbors. It's on me if I get caught and by no means do I **** the fishing resources anywhere I put a line in the water if you dont't understand that fish are a precious limited resource your an idiot and we need fishing laws to keep it a sustainable one. I try to stay up to date on all the fishing laws here and there but they do make it a pain in the *** though that's for sure. If I catch an eighty pound grouper in the Bahamas is that legit to keep or do I need to cut off 20 pounds in order to keep from exceeding the 60lb limit? Is the eighteen pelagic amount a per day limit or is that just a vessel limit?
    I came across fish 30miles from my destination caught my limit and kept going. Its not like i could go check in come back out and the fish would be exactly where i saw them. Plus it would have taken 60miles of gas . I know none of the bahamains at the dock seemed to have a problem with it. Did we know it was illegal at the time? No. Would I do it again for peanuts? Maybe. YFT yes and I don't expect sympathy. Like I said it's on me
    Never said it was. I think you might be getting a little outa hand calling me a scum bag. I went and checked in where the **** is the harm in that? It might not have been by the book but I bet you speed everyday and if you don't good for you
  • isla21isla21 Posts: 2,115 Officer
    :Popcorn
    I don't think you would get into a lot of trouble if you got caught fishing on the way over. When they saw you had passports,clothes etc for a prolonged stay. I doubt you would be in luck if you went over and had nothing but poaching on the mind. Cytranic i get your point ,but you are getting a lil out of hand..:huh
    mousey.gif
    gnat.gifWzz6I.gif
    If the law I'm breaking is not causing harm to anyone or anything yea I'll break it i.e speeding. There have been some laws put in place that make no sense. I u derstand this law is to deter poachers and keep people from plundering the bahamain fishery but I did not do that. If I do something I am not going to hide it, or lie about it and I dint think I need to. The forum is a very useful tool and I am open for debate but you contribute nothing by ripping on people. Try using constructive criticism it will benefit everyone on here including yourself. Just being honest
  • sharkatak1089sharkatak1089 Posts: 6,407 Officer
    Quick Release,

Please tell me if the pic in your sig is legit or not.

K,
    tyvm

PS.
    Looks photoshopped as a mofo. But still a cool pic, nonetheless.
    I am choice.
    Please don't try to interject with reason, it only further confuses the matter.
  • triplenettriplenet Posts: 747 Officer
    GT Fish wrote: »
    I don't think you would get into a lot of trouble if you got caught fishing on the way over. When they saw you had passports,clothes etc for a prolonged stay. I doubt you would be in luck if you went over and had nothing but poaching on the mind.

I agree - we drag bait on the way over "every" time..... and so do most of the capt's I speak with on the docks.... I do not bottom fish or dive until checked in....

We always have a slip reserved and fully intend to clear ..... I "assume" the Bahamian gov is not looking to screw with guys that help the local economy ...
    Gause Built 26
    Did the 6 arrested have slip reservations ?? and were they on a direct route from home port to that reserved slip ??

Doubt it... but who knows....

We all know its illegal.. - nothing new
    Gause Built 26
    Cytranic wrote: »
    Excellent, I'm glad you all are finally admitting to disrespecting and ignoring international laws and will continue to break them everytime you cross.. You are a great example of the US.

U are welcome..

And BTW - I throw back undersized fish on the reef over there - I get back to dock all the bahamians are pissed - they all say "keep everything - we do"....

So while I may take a few dolphin on the way across - and prob most are caught on our side of the EEZ anyway - the locals are slaying everything they can..

That law was intended to deter poaching - we all know that... So breathe deep and chill...
    Gause Built 26
  • CaptTaterCaptTater Posts: 20,096 AG
    Well i can tell you first hand because i fished with them plenty of times and the owner and all the guys on the team are good friends of mine and they abide by the laws...they have been boarded several times by US and Bahamian officials and never have anny issues..i just hate the fact that ppl talk when they are not in the know.. Not getting hostile just expressing my feelings :) im a friendly giant
    So did they break the law or not? Is this all made up? I'm lost after 4 pages.
    I did not read the story but if you take tax payers money maybe you should be held to some standards.-Cyclist
    when we say the same thing about welfare recipients, you cry like a wounded buffalo Sopchoppy
    It's their money, they spend it how they like. Truth and honesty have nothing to do with it. - Mr Jr
    "“A radical is one who advocates sweeping changes in the existing laws and methods of government.” "
  • hebegbhebegb Posts: 8,722 Officer
    Excellent, I'm glad you all are finally admitting to disrespecting and ignoring international laws and will continue to break them everytime you cross.. You are a great example of the US.

Hey doofus, can you tell your FBI, DEA, CIA, ATF, Secret Service friends to hurry to my house......tired of waiting

Tyvm
    Sieg Heil!

I resign from OT
    Will be talking to myself in sports....TA TA
    Self immolation is the only way out, goodbye cruel world
    Cyandick loves me not......
    Sieg Heil!

I resign from OT
    Great so by your thoughts, I guess we should all go out and kill babies right? I mean Casey Anthony got away with it.

I clearly stated that "I do not keep undersized fish"... and for the record I never take more than my limit.... We are very respectful of Bahamian waters - alway have and always will...

If you would like to inform the customs office that I drag bait to relax a bit on the way over - please do... I will be happy to discuss my contribution to the GDP of Bimini over the past few decades... I may be there next week btw... Now would be a good time...
    Gause Built 26
    You need to up your dosage
    Sieg Heil!

I resign from OT
    Admiral Fife, how long have you been overseer of all?
    Sieg Heil!

I resign from OT
    I"m opening a new show next month on Discovery...Its called Bimini Wars: Protectors of the Bank

"Bimini Wars" Stay tuned for next weeks episode where Cytranny gives a good keyboard lashing! Then discovers how to add!
    mousey.gif
    gnat.gifWzz6I.gif
    Cyantard do maff.....nextest on dixuvurry
    Sieg Heil!

I resign from OT
    So, tell your daddy hello

Too bad he spilt the better part of ya.......
    Sieg Heil!

I resign from OT
    haha...Typical criminals. I see you all are best friends. Too bad you all cant handle your own battles, or you have to enlist and create fake accounts to justify your wrong doings. It will catch up to you all one day, just like these 7 Americans.

Hey 1/2 brain...WHO STARTED THIS THREAD? Deee DEee DEEEEeee!

I'm glad someone got caught finally for poaching (something i don't do unless you can't add)..That is why i started this thread..You really are a strange dude..
    mousey.gif
    gnat.gifWzz6I.gif