Seven American arrested for NOT checking in Bahamas!

Replies

• quickreleasequickrelease Posts: 287 Officer
    Cytranic wrote: »
    I agree, that picture is annoying...Here is a reduced version for you, free of charge.

Appreciate that i was trying to figure it out....can you also show me how to reduce the fat in my stomach? If you do that ill teach you a thing or 2 free of charge...sound like a deal?
    Quickrelease_1298509_n.jpg
    Bspot wrote: »
    Anyone have Popcorn?

Quick: think you can reduce your pic some, it takes up 1/4 page?

Bspot i dont have popcorn however Chicharrones are readily available...
  • Lucky7Team2Lucky7Team2 Posts: 6,794 Officer
    Good thread! LOL
    Good thread! LOL

Awesome thread this is what the forum should be about taking it from a serious topic of ppl getting arrested to arguing, photoshop, fat jokes and chicharrones....all we need is some Muttonman jokes...i kid i kid
  • rod27rod27 Posts: 48 Deckhand
    u guys think this is ****?....u should check out the lunkerdog thread. Im getting tag-teamed by a few 12 year old Special Olympic gold medalists that all started because i said "might not want to post fishing before checking in".......that little line set them off on a premenstrual tirade. I guess they dont care about Bahamian fishing laws. Im no saint either, but im not dense enough to post about how i broke the law on a public forum. So their feelings are hurt and im getting insults by PM.
    Havent looked at it...Rod27 lets go kill some Swordies i had a pretty good night the other day. Then we post how we didnt report it when we killed it and give them something to cry about...:)
  • BspotBspot Posts: 189 Officer
    can you also show me how to reduce the fat in my stomach?
    Bspot i dont have popcorn however Chicharrones are readily available...

Either stop the chicharrones diet or grow another 6" taller. Problem solved!
    can you also show me how to reduce the fat in my stomach?

Either stop the chicharrones diet or grow another 6" taller. Problem solved!

Stop eating Chicharrones! thats like asking a drunk to stop drinking...its gonna be tough..especially since they dont have CA meetings (chicharonnes anonymous)
    Havent looked at it...Rod27 lets go kill some Swordies i had a pretty good night the other day. Then we post how we didnt report it when we killed it and give them something to cry about...:)

give me a call....im up for that
    rod27 wrote: »
    give me a call....im up for that

Make sure you save a spot for lunkerdog!
  • GT FishGT Fish Posts: 9,448 Officer
    Stop eating Chicharrones!

NEVER
    mousey.gif
    61903c544aca27b57fb2aa29e6bc4a3b.gif
    gnat.gifWzz6I.gif
    GT Fish wrote: »
    NEVER

I second that...or some macitas with lemon on em and a cold miller light...im drooling as we speak this is not good for my diet especially since Palacio De Los Jugos is around the corner and i have an eat freee whenever pass there..

Yo Bspot u are more than welcome. They dont like me.

We cant take other captains with us i cant give up my super upder duper swordfish secrets
    Yo Bspot u are more than welcome. They dont like me.

Details! Just back from 2 weeks in Alaska and the jet lag is a b....
    details are on that thread, but most was deleted by mods......in a nutshell, i posted this:

"awesome pics.....might not want to post u caught fish before checking in"

....thats it......thats all i posted.....then 3 guys started calling me names, wanting to call it to my face maybe to meet, and magnifying the whole thing into a big show. The OP didnt say a thing but apparently they are all a crew and didnt think just editing the post was a reasonable response. Some chicks like drama. Go to link below in the South Fishing Reports subforum. Read the OP's first paragraph where he says they caught some fish, THEN checked in with Bahamas Immigration. The rest is just hilarious......might help your jetlag to laugh though.

http://forums.floridasportsman.com/showthread.php?6949-550-mile-sea-trial-and-fishing-trip-amp-Lunker-report

Credit to the mods for deleting most of the posts.
    details are on that thread, but most was deleted by mods......in a nutshell, i posted this:

"awesome pics.....might not want to post u caught fish before checking in"

....thats it......thats all i posted.....then 2 guys started calling me names, wanting to call it to my face maybe to meet, and magnifying the whole thing into a big show. The OP didnt say a thing but apparently they are all a crew and didnt think just editing the post was a reasonable response. Some chicks like drama. Go to link below in the South Fishing Reports subforum. Read his first paragraph where he says they caught some fish, THEN checked in with Bahamas Immigration. The rest is just hilarious......might help your jetlag to laugh though.

http://forums.floridasportsman.com/showthread.php?6949-550-mile-sea-trial-and-fishing-trip-amp-Lunker-report

Credit to the mods for deleting most of the posts.

Had the same issue last month alerting members to be careful how/what they post here about running to the other side and not clearing. Turned into a pissing match and I let it go. Low and behold look what occurred.
  • Sea N DoubleSea N Double Posts: 18 Greenhorn
    this thread has been seriously derailed !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cookoo
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • snappernappersnappernapper Posts: 72 Greenhorn
    Stop eating Chicharrones! thats like asking a drunk to stop drinking...its gonna be tough..especially since they dont have CA meetings (chicharonnes anonymous)

sigh* and I fish with this guy....
    rsz_1242264_10150193540116623_718981622_7293522_6334632_o.jpg

Bring on the 2011- 2012 season!
    sigh* and I fish with this guy....

And you know you loveeee mee.... Half the crap you see me do you wont see anyone else do like.... HEY VINNY WATCH FOR THAT KITE LINE...(cuts braid) with release knife
  • Blue ZoneBlue Zone Posts: 414 Officer
    Back to the original post, fishing within the Bahamas' EEZ without a permit is poaching. End of story. I can't understand how some people want to argue the point. The BDF has extremely limited resources to monitor the situatiion, but this is what happened within just a few days, both incidents within a few miles of each other. This raises the disturbing question as to how many poachers there are from the Corner down to Cay Sal on any given day.The fishery is the only real resource the Bahamas has and I am stunned to see that more than a few can't seem to respect that. It is pretty obvious as well that certain charter operators are working the waters without a Bahamian license. Food for thought, eh?
    I just jumped back on the forum today for the first time since the change over. It is really disappointing for me to see how FS and particularly the Tropical Section has deteriorated in terms of vitriol and attacks, mainly due to what I would politely call interlopers. The place is looking like some of the other boards where this behavior is commonplace. It might be good to remember that part of the title of this forum is "Sportsman".
    Blue Zone i dont think anyone disagrees with you buddy r
  • snappernappersnappernapper Posts: 72 Greenhorn
    Blue Zone wrote: »
    This raises the disturbing question as to how many poachers there are from the Corner down to Cay Sal on any given day.

I bet a bunch... People count on the fact the bahamians have limited resources to enforce rules.
    I just jumped back on the forum today for the first time since the change over. It is really disappointing for me to see how FS and particularly the Tropical Section has deteriorated in terms of vitriol and attacks, mainly due to what I would politely call interlopers. The place is looking like some of the other boards where this behavior is commonplace. It might be good to remember that part of the title of this forum is "Sportsman".

I hear yah... welcome back!
    rsz_1242264_10150193540116623_718981622_7293522_6334632_o.jpg

Bring on the 2011- 2012 season!
  • producebproduceb Posts: 95 Greenhorn
    Back to the original post, fishing within the Bahamas' EEZ without a permit is poaching. End of story. I can't understand how some people want to argue the point. The BDF has extremely limited resources to monitor the situatiion, but this is what happened within just a few days, both incidents within a few miles of each other. This raises the disturbing question as to how many poachers there are from the Corner down to Cay Sal on any given day.The fishery is the only real resource the Bahamas has and I am stunned to see that more than a few can't seem to respect that. It is pretty obvious as well that certain charter operators are working the waters without a Bahamian license. Food for thought, eh?

I guess I am guilty of "poaching the corner". I stay way over 12 miles off there bank, I was always told this was ok. I dont take many fish just some tuna for dinner.

I dont disagree with u, but many of the locals dont even respect their own resources. I guess its just like anywhere else....a few rotten apples. But, and there's always a but, the Bahamian fisherman use fish traps in long lines, which arent common in the states anymore. So if the Bahamian Govt really wanted to protect their own resources, wouldnt they change some of the rules for locals as well?

I also agree with what u noticed on this board.....but remember it is summer and the kids posting in the middle of the day arent all at band camp.
  • Gary MGary M Posts: 13,177 AG
    At Bimini Sands during a Tournament in 2009.........

Bimini2009120.jpg
    Gary M wrote: »
    At Bimini Sands during a Tournament in 2009.........

Bimini2009120.jpg

Yes we all know about this nortec nothing new...ive also seen this same boat sit with me and ask me how the deep drop bite was while a intrepid with quads was blowing the channel and we both looked over to see it, do you think he did anything? They arent the hardest working force out there, i hope to see them out there next week cracking down ill be there for 8 days "**** the resource" but of course legally by checking in :)
  • GT FishGT Fish Posts: 9,448 Officer
    tumblr_ll5jn85O1N1qzocfz.gif
    mousey.gif
    61903c544aca27b57fb2aa29e6bc4a3b.gif
    gnat.gifWzz6I.gif
    Thats awesome lol
  • 2amigo2amigo Posts: 4,502 Captain
    Even though you are not supposed to fish in their EEZ zone, they really aren't too concerned with any fishing over the 12 mile boundary. The EEZ zone is set up to protect against huge commercial operation like the Japanese fleet moving in and hauling every tuna they can. I don't at all feel guilty if I run 30 miles of of here which is technically in their zone and catch dolphin.