Home Northwest General Fishing & The Outdoors

More braggin on a young person

Sister's oldest son David (my fishin padna), who just Graduated from UGA and secured a great job last month - accepted the Head Football Coaching job for 5/6th grade at his Alma Mater DWS in Albany. Pretty big deal for them to trust his Leadership abilities at his age IMHO. I talked to the man making the call and after that my chest was really pumped out based on his words about David - his parents raised him well...

figured I'd share with the NW as we seem to have some good young people amongst us...

23 years old and we are mighty proud of him...Go DWS Knights.

Signed: more road trips to Albany coming up...
Sometimes the nicest people you meet are covered in tattoos & sometimes the most judgmental people you meet go to church on Sundays...

Replies

• tapatetapate Posts: 5,263 Admiral
    Bigfoot wrote: »
    Sister's oldest son David (my fishin padna), who just Graduated from UGA and secured a great job last month - accepted the Head Football Coaching job for 5/6th grade at his Alma Mater DWS in Albany. Pretty big deal for them to trust his Leadership abilities at his age IMHO. I talked to the man making the call and after that my chest was really pumped out based on his words about David - his parents raised him well...

figured I'd share with the NW as we seem to have some good young people amongst us...

23 years old and we are mighty proud of him...Go DWS Knights.

Signed: more road trips to Albany coming up...

Small world. I gave up that position about 2 weeks ago. Couldn't swing it with baby coming and all.
  • BigfootBigfoot Posts: 9,383 Admiral
    tapate wrote: »
    Small world. I gave up that position about 2 weeks ago. Couldn't swing it with baby coming and all.

I hope you left him stacked and didn't screw em up too bad...he said he has to CHANGE everything - hahaha.
    Sometimes the nicest people you meet are covered in tattoos & sometimes the most judgmental people you meet go to church on Sundays...
  • UgahewesUgahewes Posts: 5,322 Admiral
    the wanted to hire me to

signed: small world
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • BigfootBigfoot Posts: 9,383 Admiral
    Ugahewes wrote: »
    the wanted to hire me to

signed: small world

your a mastermind alright
  • hooknredshooknreds Posts: 2,461 Captain
    Congrats to the young fella.
  • hooknredshooknreds Posts: 2,461 Captain
    tapate wrote: »
    Couldn't swing it with baby coming and all.
    And congrats to you as well.
  • tapatetapate Posts: 5,263 Admiral
    Bigfoot wrote: »
    I hope you left him stacked and didn't screw em up too bad...he said he has to CHANGE everything - hahaha.

He won't be changing a thing. Its varsity based terminology. The plays are essentially the plays the big club runs.

I like the idea, but the terminology is hard for them. I only lost one game in three years ( i think...Southland once), so he should have plenty of talent.

At that age, they aren't sure if they really like football or contact for that matter.
  • wishfishinwishfishin Posts: 4,080 Captain
    Congrats to the young man. Good to see there are some special young folks out there.

Won't be long now, eh tapate? You'll need to write 4.8 more policies per month minimum. LOL
    1268964408215_zps1ab1a85e.gif
  • reel estatereel estate Posts: 1,402 Officer
    cool,i'll hear all the rumors and feedback from the parents...these parents come with some good ones too ;-) we'll givem a welcome Dave!
  • trout069trout069 Posts: 5,085 Admiral
    congrats,good young fella from a good family.going back home too,good deal all around.my sons long time(5yrs) gal friend graduated magna come lauda(sic) today.she didnt even know.speaker asked all the kids who worked while in college and he should have asked who didnt.maybe we are doing a job with our younguns.