Gator attack on the Chass

http://www.baynews9.com/content/news/baynews9/news/article.html/content/news/articles/bn9/2012/7/30/man_bit_by_gator_whi.html

HOMOSASSA --

A man is recovering after being bit by an alligator at the Chassahowitzka River Campground, according to Citrus County dispatch.

The incident happened about 5 p.m. while the man was swimming in the river. A state-licensed gator hunter was called in to find the gator.

The victim, who was transported to a hospital, has not been identified.

Replies

• csanderscsanders Posts: 471 Officer
    I think gator tail is going to be really cheap in the near future...

Personally I think their numbers are getting a little too high in our lakes and rivers. It's time to up the quota during the season or just have a few years of open season on them. I love seeing them as much as the next guy but this is getting a little scary. Who would have thought it would be safer to swim with the sharks during scallop season then taking a dip in fresh water?
  • magotmagot Posts: 6,640 Officer
    Gator one: "Hey Ralph, what-chu think about all these Yankees swimmin' in here and feeding us cheeseburgers?"

Gator two:
    csanders wrote: »
    "Personally I think their numbers are getting a little too high in our lakes and rivers. It's time to up the quota during the season or just have a few years of open season on them. I love seeing them as much as the next guy but this is getting a little scary."
  • RedbonzRedbonz Posts: 4,531 Captain
    It's great to be a Florida Gator....:ontopic
    If it don't fit force it. If it breaks it needed replace anyways. :banghead
  • magotmagot Posts: 6,640 Officer
    Redbonz wrote: »
    It's great to be a Florida Gator....:ontopic

Sure, Bonz, in July. Lets see how October works out fer ya. :grin

(Troutman, and especially Flash, get out. This ain't sports related. th_tooth.gif)
  • RollinRollin Posts: 1,540 Captain
    csanders wrote: »
    I think gator tail is going to be really cheap in the near future...

Personally I think their numbers are getting a little too high in our lakes and rivers. It's time to up the quota during the season or just have a few years of open season on them. I love seeing them as much as the next guy but this is getting a little scary. Who would have thought it would be safer to swim with the sharks during scallop season then taking a dip in fresh water?
    Amen brother !!!
  • ANUMBER1ANUMBER1 Posts: 9,294 Admiral
    You mean there is no open season now?
    I am glad to only be a bird hunter with bird dogs...being a shooter or dog handler or whatever other niche exists to separate appears to generate far too much about which to worry.
  • GatoRellaGatoRella Posts: 521 Officer
    Bottom line is this is what happens when you feed gators....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]