Eleven Prong 7/29/12

Brandon and I headed down to Eleven Prong today to try out a few new areas, very nice down that way. Brandon said he would work the trolling motor and stay up front, should have known something was fishy. Brandon caught four keeper Trout and a nice 23 inch Red on a SW Topwater all by high noon. I struggled with some nice blow-ups and a sweet catfish. High Tide had water in all morning today with the Water temp running 85 degrees. Thanks to Sam at Stillwater's Marine for fixing my trolling motor.
P1040528.jpg
P1040529.jpg
P1040530.jpg
P1040532.jpg
P1040533.jpg

Replies

• FlashFlash Posts: 11,162 AG
    Good job. Eleven Prong is a pretty area. Cher caught her biggest red in that area.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Never seem more learned than the people you are with. Wear your learning like a pocket watch and keep it hidden. Do not pull it out to count the hours, but give the time when you are asked. --- Lord Chesterfield
  • magotmagot Posts: 6,640 Officer
    Purdy. (Insert here the Thumbs-Up icon that some forum tinkerer deleted)
  • JC_UF_ITKJC_UF_ITK Posts: 489 Deckhand
    Mmmmm......Maker's. I mean, nice catch!
  • BillyBilly ChassahowitzkaPosts: 2,705 Captain
    magot wrote: »
    Purdy. (Insert here the Thumbs-Up icon that some forum tinkerer deleted)

I'm with magot...nice job, and the Maker's is a nice touch, but...why did someone get rid of the "thumbs up"?

Bill
    "And the ocean is howling for the things that might have been..."
  • PONCEPONCE Posts: 5,943 Officer
    Thanks Mags and the rest, thats right where is the thumbs up :huh Mods help
  • CatfishCatfish Posts: 527 Officer
    You know the front of the boat always gets the best casts.

Today was about the highest tide I've seen in years. Good to get out though, thats for sure.
  • ripnlipsripnlips Posts: 2,535 Captain
    I haven't been up to eleven prong in years. I was always good for TW reds.
  • Salty Dawg44Salty Dawg44 Homosassa, FLPosts: 1,018 Officer
    Here's a BIG thumbs up for that catch!

MY WORST FEAR......THAT WHEN I DIE MY WIFE WILL SELL ALL MY BOATS & FISHING GEAR FOR WHAT I TOLD HER I PAID FOR IT.......

I may not always agree with what you say,
    but I will always respect your right to be wrong!
  • Doc StressorDoc Stressor Homosassa, FLPosts: 2,449 Captain
    http://forums.floridasportsman.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=42663&d=1343619043

• troutman57troutman57 Posts: 3,691 Captain
    Topwater Reds and truut is about as good as it gets!
    This place Rocks if yer a crabber
  • RedbonzRedbonz Posts: 4,538 Captain
    Good going guys....it's always great to get back on the water....
    If it don't fit force it. If it breaks it needed replace anyways. :banghead
  • huntentailshuntentails Posts: 1,697 Captain
    troutman57 wrote: »
    Topwater Reds and truut is about as good as it gets!

Couldn`t have said it better
    Nice Job Guy`s :beer
    58c3c16f-8a45-4d30-b16f-bc3107cf4657_zpsplzwx9u1.jpg0af8c5e9-faa1-4c9d-81d3-c711ee6ce6e3_zpsojsft7fc.jpg
  • Fishin RodFishin Rod Posts: 2,620 Captain
    Kevin, how was the water clarity in eleven prong? We fished turtle bay Friday morning and the water was really muddy......
    "Be what you is"....... Isaiah Minter
  • capt louiecapt louie citrus countyPosts: 9,936 Moderator
    Thumbs up ..
    "You'll get your weather"
  • Moon ShadowMoon Shadow Posts: 887 Officer
    :Rockon
    Fishin Rod wrote: »
    Kevin, how was the water clarity in eleven prong? We fished turtle bay Friday morning and the water was really muddy......

Out front of 11 prong was crystal clear. Once we got inside it was fairly muddy. Not as bad as turtle but not near as clear as normal. A lot of floating grass too.
  • HammerheadTedHammerheadTed Posts: 1,248 Officer
    Sweet & good! Hmmm...topwater.
  • PONCEPONCE Posts: 5,943 Officer
    Does anyone know if the Channel Markers coming out of Waccasassa can be fixed?? There is one lone marker left just before you turn South. I can navigate the area but some folks are going to have some trouble ahead.
  • redeye76redeye76 Posts: 429 Deckhand
    Where did you launch from to get there?
    redeye76 wrote: »
    Where did you launch from to get there?

Wacasassa Ramp.
  • doolittle3701doolittle3701 Posts: 162 Deckhand
    Catfish wrote: »
    Wacasassa Ramp.
    I looked carefully at some charts and measured some distances from potential places for reaching 11 prong. Starting at the Wacasassa ramp it is 5 miles down the river to the gulf and another 5 miles out the "channel", for a total of 10 miles by boat. From Cedar key, out the southwest bar channel down through Wacasassa Bay it is about 10 miles. From Yankeetown down the river and north up past Lowes bay it is about 10 miles. There seems to be no mileage advantage for any of these routes, except for the fact that the route via Wacasassa channel is going to present some problems as alluded to above for those unfamiliar with it. It is really not a channel, but a route through oyster bars. We fish it during the winter months in an airboat and it is a nice area usually loaded with reds in the winter. Personally I would rather burn a little more gas than to leave part of my lower unit in Wacasassa Bay.
  • angler18angler18 Posts: 2,037 Captain
    way to go you two, nice fish!
    I looked carefully at some charts and measured some distances from potential places for reaching 11 prong. Starting at the Wacasassa ramp it is 5 miles down the river to the gulf and another 5 miles out the "channel", for a total of 10 miles by boat. From Cedar key, out the southwest bar channel down through Wacasassa Bay it is about 10 miles. From Yankeetown down the river and north up past Lowes bay it is about 10 miles. There seems to be no mileage advantage for any of these routes, except for the fact that the route via Wacasassa channel is going to present some problems as alluded to above for those unfamiliar with it. It is really not a channel, but a route through oyster bars. We fish it during the winter months in an airboat and it is a nice area usually loaded with reds in the winter. Personally I would rather burn a little more gas than to leave part of my lower unit in Wacasassa Bay.

I kinda like the fact that Wac. is a little tougher to navigate. It helps to keep some of the yahoos out.