Penn Torque

Any of y'all using the old penn torque 100, 200, or 300? I am thinking about buying one and wanted to hear from other folks who fish the gulf.
Genesis 27:3 - Now then, take your weapons, your quiver and your bow, and go out to the field and hunt game for me.

Replies

• diverritediverrite Posts: 166 Deckhand
    I've got Avet and Okuma's and like them.

Good Luck,
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Diverrite aboard "Step Into Liquid"
  • Red FishRed Fish Posts: 1,163 Officer
    The Avets seem to reel stiff when you lock the drag down. Plus I am looking for star drags. I have never owned any okumas. The penn is the only one in its size that has the double dogged anti reverese.

I need to go play with some okumas. Any particular model?
    Genesis 27:3 - Now then, take your weapons, your quiver and your bow, and go out to the field and hunt game for me.
  • Split ShotSplit Shot Posts: 6,146 Admiral
    Red Fish wrote: »
    The Avets seem to reel stiff when you lock the drag down.
    I've never noticed that. Very nice reels and made in the US.
  • diverritediverrite Posts: 166 Deckhand
    My Okuma's are the Titus Gold 15's and 20's
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Diverrite aboard "Step Into Liquid"
  • SpineymanSpineyman Posts: 7,920 Admiral
    I have the Penn Torque 200 and use it all the time for jigging and Grouper digging. It does indeed have the antireverse dawg and that makes it sturdier. Several of my friends liked mine so much they ran out and bought one too.
    Kayak Rookie...and loving it.
    Fishing beautiful Destin / Ft Walton Beach area!

II Chronicles 7:14
    if My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land.

• Red FishRed Fish Posts: 1,163 Officer
    How do you like the 6.3:1 for grouper digging? My only hold back is the if that high of a speed will have a negative affect.
  • Split ShotSplit Shot Posts: 6,146 Admiral
    Sounds like you need a 2 speed. Love my Avet!

thank Bonephish for turning me on to them.

bottom line is the pros out weigh the cons. Wish I had nothing but a boat load of them. :)