Home Northwest General Fishing & The Outdoors

Tuna

Took a bud fishing last weekend and he brought along some left overtuna steak for lunch. Seems like it had sesamee seeds on it.
Anybody got a good and not too elaborate tuna steak recipe?

Replies

• ducknfishducknfish Posts: 3,821 Officer
    If its ahi grade, season with coarse ground black pepper, sear it in a pan 30 seconds to one minute per side. Serve with soy sauce, wasabi, and avacado. Easy and delicious
  • hooknredshooknreds Posts: 2,461 Captain
    Thanks dnf...gonna try the grill instead of pan sear.
  • BodineBodine Posts: 3,019 Captain
    On the grill, cook over high heat, searing on both sides.
    Should be rare in the middle when done, for a sauce, I like the sesame ginger salad dressing.
    My favorite way to cook tuna steaks is to blacken them in a cast iron pan, serve rare, with butter.
    F the feds
  • skyway andeskyway ande Posts: 3,813 Captain
    I like BFT cut into cubes and placed on top of foil or iron skillet over a hot fire...

Smothered with butter... And Not rare in the middle...
    God, save the South!
  • omegafooomegafoo Posts: 3,127 Captain
    Tuna - what's that :huh

Been thinking again lately how nice it would be to get a trip out of Venice but dang - $1300 (full day) or $2400 (overnight) + fuel :willynilly Honestly surprised more of the smaller charters around here haven't gone to a fixed cost + fuel.

DNF's recipe sounds good though. Pan sear in a little EVOO
  • dewyafishdewyafish Posts: 5,025 Admiral
    I like BFT cut into cubes and placed on top of foil or iron skillet over a hot fire...

Smothered with butter... And Not rare in the middle...

Remember that time when I called you crazy???.
    I WAS RIGHT!!!!
    There's nothing more enjoyable than suprise morning sex...
    Unless you happen to be in jail at the time.
  • BodineBodine Posts: 3,019 Captain
    Venice prices have gone up, and fishing has gone down. IF you go, pick a prime time and split it 4 ways.
    Al Walker is running a head boat to the green canyon these days, they have been doing pretty good, like Venice circa 2001.
    I think you can do a 48 hour trip for around 800 a head or so. Check it out here http://extremefishingcharters.com/
    F the feds