Panama city beach hotel?

I'm driving my son to college in Alabama in a few weeks and I plan an taking a long drive back to polk county by fishing the coast from PCB to Cedar Key. I have the fishing part planned out but from reading reviews of Panama City Beach hotels most are trashed out from spring break. Can anyone recommend a decent place to stay for a night or 2 in PCB.
"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function." F. Scott Fitzgerald

"Prediction is very difficult, especially if it's about the future." Niels Bohr

Replies

• Split ShotSplit Shot Posts: 6,177 Admiral
    Are you pulling a boat?
  • cprcpr Posts: 9,309 Admiral
    No boat, maybe my kayak. But beach and pier fishing are the plan.
    "The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function." F. Scott Fitzgerald

"Prediction is very difficult, especially if it's about the future." Niels Bohr
  • crcattypccrcattypc Posts: 632 Officer
    cpr wrote: »
    I'm driving my son to college in Alabama in a few weeks and I plan an taking a long drive back to polk county by fishing the coast from PCB to Cedar Key. I have the fishing part planned out but from reading reviews of Panama City Beach hotels most are trashed out from spring break. Can anyone recommend a decent place to stay for a night or 2 in PCB.

try the Bucaneer... cheap and right on the bay
    :fishing:grin
  • Split ShotSplit Shot Posts: 6,177 Admiral
    crcattypc wrote: »
    try the Bucaneer... cheap and right on the bay

Have you been there lately? Place is going to hell in a hand basket. I hate that it is.
  • MaLMaL Posts: 176 Officer
    dont know if you are still looking but when i lived there hampton inn right by the fire station was good.
    its not right on the beach but its not far away.
    i lived by Scampys, on spyglass drive. but i moved not long after hurricane ivan so i cant be sure.

google map link https://maps.google.com/maps?q=30.153848,-85.750333&hl=en&ll=30.153421,-85.746939&spn=0.012227,0.015836&num=1&t=h&z=16

if you want to be thrifty, bring a tent and stuff and camp in St Andrews state park, costs $28 per night and it should give you 24 hour access to the park and its boat ramps, jetty and pier while you are there. ;)
    that park was the ONLY place i would fish when i lived there.