Home Northwest General Fishing & The Outdoors

How much $ to build a garage?

Considering the addition of a stand alone garage, oversized 1 car with attic space for game room/tv room/whatever....3 sided brick.

Ball park figures???
Sometimes the nicest people you meet are covered in tattoos & sometimes the most judgmental people you meet go to church on Sundays...

Replies

• reel estatereel estate Posts: 1,402 Officer
  • BodineBodine Posts: 3,020 Captain
    I dont know the Atlanta market, I know WComp is cheaper by far in Georgia.
    I would say 100 per sq foot or so, and why stop at 3? Do 4 sides brick, vinyl soffit, metal roof, and have zero maintenance.
    F the feds
  • BigfootBigfoot Posts: 9,383 Admiral
    Bodine wrote: »
    I dont know the Atlanta market, I know WComp is cheaper by far in Georgia.
    I would say 100 per sq foot or so, and why stop at 3? Do 4 sides brick, vinyl soffit, metal roof, and have zero maintenance.

needs to match the exisiting home...3 sided and HOA approved (no metal roof) - looking for a extra wide 1 car with work bench area and above space...how many sq. ft is that Bodine??? If you were building this for yourself and had to pay for the labor and all - what would be your budget?
    Sometimes the nicest people you meet are covered in tattoos & sometimes the most judgmental people you meet go to church on Sundays...
    20x20 first floor, 10x20 second floor=600 sq feet.
    60k, no plumbing included.
    They make metal shingles that look great.
    HOA should allow 4 sides brick. Brick your gables too.
    F the feds
    20x20 first floor, 10x20 second floor=600 sq feet.
    60k, no plumbing included.
    They make metal shingles that look great.
    HOA should allow 4 sides brick. Brick your gables too.

SOB , 60k! what would be the ROI in theory if I sold with new 60k garage??? 80K maybe
    Bigfoot wrote: »
    SOB , 60k! what would be the ROI in theory if I sold with new 60k garage??? 80K maybe

usually 50%......in our market anyways
    is this an additional garage to the property??
    is this an additional garage to the property??

yes
    appraisers i've delt with over the years have usually used a 40-50% of per sq ft home value on outbuildings like pool houses garages ect.....depending on the finish.
  • micci_manmicci_man Somewhere in FLPosts: 14,457 AG
    Outside shower (inclosed to a degree) is a must. You can thank me later.

signed- you'll fill a 20x20 in NO time.
    Common Sense can't be bought, taught or gifted, yet it is one of the few things in life that is free, and most refuse to even attempt to possess it. - Miguel Cervantes
  • brotherinlawbrotherinlaw Posts: 3,540 Captain
    micci_man wrote: »
    Outside shower (inclosed to a degree) is a must. You can thank me later.

signed- you'll fill a 20x20 in NO time.

Absolutely, mine is 50x64 and still don't have enough room
  • dstockwelldstockwell Posts: 13,810 AG
    But yours is a booze and sausage makin machine. :)
    It is not the responsibility of the United States to solve the problems of other countries.
    HOA approved (no metal roof) -

Your HOA won't allow metal roofs?
    Common Sense can't be bought, taught or gifted, yet it is one of the few things in life that is free, and most refuse to even attempt to possess it. - Miguel Cervantes
    micci_man wrote: »
    Your HOA won't allow metal roofs?

not so much
    Wounder why. Colored ones look good. they must be in with the roofing guys when it's time to re roof. It's a racket I tell ya!!!
  • APEAPE Posts: 973 Officer
    I had a 36x36 hip shingle roof, hardi plank siding, 4 windows,1 man door, 1 16 foot garage door built for 27K in Florida near the coast.
  • illinoisfishermanillinoisfisherman Posts: 5,312 Admiral
    APE wrote: »
    I had a 36x36 hip shingle roof, hardi plank siding, 4 windows,1 man door, 1 16 foot garage door built for 27K in Florida near the coast.

Then add $7 per Sq Ft for brick.
  • hooknredshooknreds Posts: 2,461 Captain
    APE wrote: »
    $20 per sqft???? Yeah right, unless it has a dirt floor or you did the majority of the work yourself.
    hooknreds wrote: »
    $20 per sqft???? Yeah right, unless it has a dirt floor or you did the majority of the work yourself.

Pole building?
  • Dial ToneDial Tone Posts: 177 Deckhand
    BF......Think Carriage House..High end is the only way to go. Otherwise you might as well buy one of those Portable Buildings.
    DT. How much for a carriage house???
    Time to google a set of plans, close to what you want, and get a local contractor to give you a rough
    estimate, to see if you are in the game or not.
    Way too many variables to give you a rough estimate from my desk.
    F the feds
    Time to google a set of plans, close to what you want, and get a local contractor to give you a rough
    estimate, to see if you are in the game or not.
    Way too many variables to give you a rough estimate from my desk.

Agreed, understand...thanks!!!
    hooknreds wrote: »

Hungry Contractors are all over Florida, I had a 24x40 Pole barn with a dirt floor built for my boat with 12' from the bottom of the trusses to the dirt for 3,600 total.
  • UgahewesUgahewes Posts: 5,322 Admiral
    just go hire a half dozen mexicans and get them some 2x4 and plywood

signed: they can build anything
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DT. How much for a carriage house???

The same per sf as a house.
    Here are a few pics of the garage.I forgot to mention that it has 9 foot ceilings with a smooth finished concrete floor and the 27K included all permits,impact fees, and electrical.
  • skyway andeskyway ande Posts: 3,813 Captain
    Nice garage APE!... When did they pour the slab and footings?

I ask because my neighbor, had a bedroom addition built that should have taken 2 months...
    slow contractors took 6 months on that job...
    She had loss of use of her home (no power) for two months...

We are talking garage... yes, but foot needs to know what to expect...
    I had a neighbor in Columbus order a prefab type single car garage and got the job done
    in one or two weeks... slab to finish...
    God, save the South!
    The Garage will be held off until a Contractor shows himself that is trustworthy...these guys turn my wrench. I don't need a 6 month work project with Jose and Co hanging round,..
  • skyway andeskyway ande Posts: 3,813 Captain
    Oh... They dont hang around... they start work at 10am and off at 2...

and then only 2 days a week... They got other structures they work on at other property...
    God, save the South!