My Dads guns from WWII

I am having to sell my Dads guns that he brought back from WWII. I hate to do it but I have to because of no work. He was a Lieutenant in the Navy and served aboard a Minesweeper. I have his 45, 38, and M1 carbine. I have his discharge papers showing the 45 given to him. The 45 and M1 carbine come with extra stuff. The 38 is a S&W made for the government in October of 1943. I am selling all three for $3000, no trades and I won't separate them nor take less. If you are seriously interested in them and want more info, email me captnronfl at gmail dot com.

Replies

• EngguyEngguy Posts: 171 Deckhand
    Wish I was in a position to buy those guns as I would treasure them like you. I have my dad's 45 along with a holster, web belt and two mags. I also have my 45.
  • captnronflcaptnronfl Posts: 16 Greenhorn
    I am in Stuart Fl Thanks, Ron
    Here is the link to the guns. The 45 is a Remington Rand. According to the serial no 1016319 and what I have been told it is a sand cast model. After looking at it I don’t think it is. I don’t see any real roughness to it. All the items that are in the picture with it were brought home at the same time except for the pair of grips on it and the extended clip. The US holster is the one my Dad got with the gun. Except for the camo holster, the rest was all my Dads personal gear issue to him. The three clips are the original clips that came with the gun.
    The S&W 38 serial no is V424979 and according to that it was shipped in October of 1943. Guns without a topstrap marking usually shipped per contracts with the Defense Supplies Corporation or the U.S. Maritime Commission. This would make sense as my Dad picked up the Mine Sweeper from Puget Sound Naval Shipyard Washington around Christmas 1943. I know this because he shipped out on the Mine Sweeper right after he married my Mom in Puget Sound. Nice story. He only had a week before he shipped out.
    The M1 Carbine was issue to him at the same time. It is an Inland Division of General Motors serial no 46458. The receiver was made somewhere between October, 1941 - April, 1942. The barrel is marked 5-43. The carbine was usually assembled and tested within two or three months after the barrel date. This is a very early one and is quite rare in this shape.
    Do your homework on these guns. You will see that I am selling them way below market value. Just the carbine alone is worth around $2000 in the condition it’s in. Go here to check: http://www.scott-duff.com/ and go to the bottom of the page you will see M1 Carbines. Click on the link. or anyone of the many internet listings. Once again I am in Stuart Fl. I really only want to sell them face to face and not go through the trouble of shipping them. If you want them shipped then they must go through a FFL dealer and you must make it worth my time to do this. I am selling them to the first person that gets me cash. NO CHECKS etc. I have been burnt before.
    Here is the website with the pictures. https://picasaweb.google.com/CAPTNRONFL/MyDadsGuns
    Also for sale are a Remington Model 10 12 GAUAGE with a 29 inch full choke barrel that was passed down from a uncle to my Dad so it has seen a fair amount of use as you can see and a German Drilling made by OG SCHERELL DELITZ SC II 16X16 with 8X57JR rifle on the bottom. This was the best shotgun I have used. It was a dream to shoot. I decided to have it cut for American shells instead of the European ones. I got tired of reloading them one at a time. Took it to a gun smith to do it and fix the stock. This was over 40 years ago. He went out of business and I got it back missing some parts. The parts are easy enough to get made but I don’t think it is a shooter anymore. Oh he didn’t do anything to it but take it apart so it still shoots European shells. I want $600 for both with case. I also have a 20 gauge double barrel; double trigger STEVENS MODEL 311 WITH 10 BOXES OF REMINGTON SLUGS. The slugs were for another 20 gauge I had. No slugs were ever fired out of this gun. I want $300 for it.
    Thanks Ron
    Edit/Delete Message
  • Bottomfinder#1Bottomfinder#1 Posts: 1,021 Officer
    Dude dont sell them
  • FishinspotFishinspot Posts: 12 Greenhorn
    The link To the pictures doesn't seem to be working.
    I make things go BOOM!!!
  • stumpmanstumpman Posts: 154 Officer
    The Links not working for the guns.
    Sun State Lawn Care
    We also do Stump Grinding

http://sunstatelawncare.com
  • permit1850permit1850 Posts: 4 Greenhorn
    If I had the $$$, I'd hold them for you later. Tough spot, I hope everything comes out alright.

Chuck
    OK I had to make the link public . You can click on it now and it should work. Also do not respond through FS as it isn't working right. It sends me a bunch of garbage. I put my email in when I first posted.Use it Only to contact me.
    Thanks Ron.

Also the the Stevens is sold.
  • wizard78wizard78 Posts: 496 Deckhand
    I'd like to inspect the guns if you still have them. I'll email you. Thanks
    OK I sold a couple of things so I no longer have to sell the guns. I have decided to go ahead and sell them anyway. My life style has changed and I no longer hunt or shoot and I would rather them go to someone who will take care of them. For the 45 $1500, for the M1 Carbine $1500 and the Victory S&W 38 $600. Of course all the WWII guns can be bought for $3000 if bought together. I might take trades but no guns. I would like them to go together if at all possible.
    Thanks, Ron
  • FloridaODFloridaOD Posts: 3,168 Captain
    My dad hauled a Japenese 7.7 Arasaka back.Almost changed his lifestyle to no longer hunt/shoot
    Hunters are present yet relatively uncommon in Florida :wink