Home Northwest General Fishing & The Outdoors

New Toy

2»

Replies

• micci_manmicci_man Somewhere in FLPosts: 14,457 AG
    We went somewhere :huh You ought to feel bad steeling that boat from a 79 yr old man :nono

Between Sat and Sun it was a looonng weekend but a fun one for sure :beer
    Common Sense can't be bought, taught or gifted, yet it is one of the few things in life that is free, and most refuse to even attempt to possess it. - Miguel Cervantes
  • seabiscuitseabiscuit Posts: 1,041 Officer
    BBB - have you thought about doing a run from Ocklockonee River to Carrabelle in the airboat? Looks like it would be a cool run. Some shallow areas, but your boat should be able to easily handle it. If so, I'll be co-pilot if you go in late Sept or around Thanksgiving....:) Sucks about the Franklin County ordinance that you can't run airboats S. of 98.
  • bbbbbb Posts: 1,035 Officer
    I'm not too worried about the ordinance. Gonna keep this a freshwater boat, at least until tomorrow. ;)

Let me get some stick time in open waters and then well look at putting it in a river. Got to learn how to maneuver when you come around a bend and you only have limited stopping distance. These things are like jet skis. You let off the throttle, and you control it.
  • bbbbbb Posts: 1,035 Officer
    micci_man wrote: »
    We went somewhere :huh You ought to feel bad steeling that boat from a 79 yr old man :nono

Between Sat and Sun it was a looonng weekend but a fun one for sure :beer

At least I was able to drive in the carpool lane the whole way. I know somebody that's glad today is Monday. Your liver.
  • illinoisfishermanillinoisfisherman Posts: 5,312 Admiral
    bbb wrote: »
    I'm not too worried about the ordinance. Gonna keep this a freshwater boat, at least until tomorrow. ;)

Let me get some stick time in open waters and then well look at putting it in a river. Got to learn how to maneuver when you come around a bend and you only have limited stopping distance. These things are like jet skis. You let off the throttle, and you control it.

Be careful around the big yellow house in Lanark. They will call the FWC in a heartbeat on an airboat. They already have!