CR 7/24 SNOOKERED again!!

Well last Friday when I was feeling my oats from catching some big Snook, I was razzing my friend Capt Robbie. I told him he shoulda been there, even he might have caught one! Not to be outdone, he sent me this picture from Saturdary 7/21 of a big Snook he caught while fishing with his wife on a bar that is at least a mile from any land on his secret hard jerk bait.
We decided to go out Tuesday for some topwater to see if we could combine our skills. :grin The first place we stopped, where we had not fished before, I caught this nice mid slot Snook on a Skitterwalk. Didn't measure him but it was a fun 3 jumper under 30". (no laughing at the hat!!)
A couple minutes later Robbie hooks a nice Snook, but it un-plugs after a short fight...bummer. Well for the next couple hours we beat alot of water looking for Reds, but coming up empty....Not like some people....Troutman.. We found very little mullet activity for some reason and were fishing pretty far back with the high water, but maybe the fish moved out with all the fresh water from Sunday rains.
Finally stopped by a Snook area & I hooked a nice big Snook. After a couple jumps, I had it up beside the boat, but it had another run in it and this time it came unplugged. No 2 Snook repeat today! Had fun and beat the weather back...sort of.

Replies

• PONCEPONCE Posts: 5,943 Officer
    You guys are the Snook Masters
  • Kids Ate My BaitKids Ate My Bait Posts: 1,038 Officer
    Nice snook.
    :grin No comment on the hat
    Don't blink - they grow up fast

e0855416-db02-4210-a35f-fb932b7f1510_zpsizxn0kmf.jpg
  • troutman57troutman57 Posts: 3,691 Captain
    Great job on the linesiders fellows!
    This place Rocks if yer a crabber
  • ripnlipsripnlips Posts: 2,535 Captain
    You are definately on those snook. Great report.
  • angler18angler18 Posts: 2,037 Captain
    making me jealous with those snook, good job!
  • HighPlainsDrifterHighPlainsDrifter Posts: 270 Officer
    Thats it, I cant take any more of this!:banghead I am taking off tomorrow to fish..............see what you've done:grin
    "I live in a free country. I've got all the licenses, registrations, and permits to prove it!" :huh
  • SouldeepSouldeep Posts: 269 Officer
    I must be fishing the wrong Crystal River... :hail
    Pro Line 251 - 225 Optimax
    Fisher 1754 - 60 Merc

2 boats is 2 to many and at least 1 shy of enough
  • BigjonBigjon Posts: 58 Deckhand
    Nice snook!
  • capt louiecapt louie citrus countyPosts: 9,675 Moderator
    Sweet , cool how they have moved in to this area. They were a pretty rare commodity years back up here.
    "You'll get your weather"
  • HammerheadTedHammerheadTed Posts: 1,226 Officer
    capt louie wrote: »
    Sweet , cool how they have moved in to this area. They were a pretty rare commodity years back up here.

Between 2003-2009 I caught a handful total. caught probably 20+ in 2010 & same in 2011. This years looking good again and they are mostly upper slot to oversize! I'm hoping they never open Snook here again. Keep it as a catch & release fish.
  • jaeforceonejaeforceone Posts: 93 Deckhand
    SNUKE!!! Gotta hit up the powerplant now :driver:
    385952_2452032575643_1914544095_n.jpg
    Native Manta Ray 14 Sand
  • madmattmadmatt Posts: 27 Greenhorn
    Man am I jealous! Moved here from Jax (not a great snook fishing location) and am trying to figure things out here. Going out tomorrow to work on learning the reds, but you can bet that I'll keep a plug rod ready just in case I see something with a line on it.
  • huntentailshuntentails Posts: 1,696 Captain
    Very Nice
    :beer
    Thanx for sharing
    58c3c16f-8a45-4d30-b16f-bc3107cf4657_zpsplzwx9u1.jpg0af8c5e9-faa1-4c9d-81d3-c711ee6ce6e3_zpsojsft7fc.jpg
  • troutman57troutman57 Posts: 3,691 Captain
    I'm hoping they never open Snook here again. Keep it as a catch & release fish.
    I agree...at least up here they are a special fish that deserve to live to be caught again. Eat trout, redfish and grouper and leave the linesiders for sport!
    This place Rocks if yer a crabber
  • RedbonzRedbonz Posts: 4,531 Captain
    Sweet fish, keep em coming....
    If it don't fit force it. If it breaks it needed replace anyways. :banghead