Marathon 7/24

Headed out this morning with NOAA calling for 2-3 ESE 10 -15. Turned out to be 4-6 not such a perfect ride but that's the price you pay, anyway got about 12 miles off the light when we spotted birds dipping figured they were on skip jacks but decided to check anyway. Glad we did found a nice piece of bamboo floating and manage to pull 6 heavy lifters in the boat. By the talk on the radio
we did good! We were pulling a green and yellow Billy Bait if it helps. Don't mind the date the camera is offImageUploadedByTapatalk1343172702.032281.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1343172720.860315.jpg

Replies

• TNTTNT Posts: 33 Deckhand
    Not to be rude......but from that picture, it sure doesn't look like 4-6 ft seas.......I don't see the slightest sign of whitecaps.

Nice job nevertheless.
  • on deckon deck Posts: 652 Officer
    I've seen 6-8 plus with no whitecaps. Super hard to judge size of the seas from a single picture...just sayin....I'll trust Fla Girl since she was there....Nice fish.
  • Got TA GoGot TA Go Posts: 2,608 Captain
    The majic piece of debris..y'all did do good yesterday. I would have loved to have caught those! :beer

Rob
    www.gottagofishinginkeywest.com

Hero's Don't Wear Capes....They Wear Dog Tags.
  • FjFshNutFjFshNut Posts: 184 Deckhand
    Nice work! I've always found it hit or miss on dolphin this time of year -unfortunatley mostly miss :(
    Were you pulling meat? Looking forward to just being there next week no matter what.
    Sea's the Moment!
  • WetFeetWetFeet Posts: 57 Deckhand
    TNT who cares what the seas are like, he is talking about the fishing, loosen up and go catch some fish..
  • TavernierGuyTavernierGuy Posts: 917 Officer
    Very nice! You found your "pot of gold"