EASY DAY 7/24

Salty Dawg44Salty Dawg44 Homosassa, FLPosts: 1,001 Officer
Launched my aluminum skiff about 6:15 at McCraes and went upstream. I only took a fly rod because it mostly sits in the rack if I have a spinner aboard. Wound up with 6 Ladyfish on a yellow/white clouser, and jumped off a few more. Back to the ramp and out at a bit after 8am. About 11 I noticed a storm coming in from offshore, so I went inside, grabbed a cold one from the fridge, and watched the fun back at the ramp on the live web camera. A lot of scallopers didn't want to get wet I guess.

MY WORST FEAR......THAT WHEN I DIE MY WIFE WILL SELL ALL MY BOATS & FISHING GEAR FOR WHAT I TOLD HER I PAID FOR IT.......

I may not always agree with what you say,
but I will always respect your right to be wrong!

Replies

• Doc StressorDoc Stressor Homosassa, FLPosts: 2,435 Captain
    Saw your skiff in the driveway when we were walking the dog. Didn't know if you were coming or going.

Glad that you were home.

Now you have to fork over your secret ladyfish spot. :grin
  • butchbalbutchbal Posts: 444 Deckhand
    Saw your skiff in the driveway when we were walking the dog. Didn't know if you were coming or going.

Glad that you were home.

I'll trade a secret catfish spot for a secret ladyfish spot!:banana
  • Salty Dawg44Salty Dawg44 Homosassa, FLPosts: 1,001 Officer
    The spot where I catch Ladyfish is not a big secret. Almost all are hooked in the same place. In the mouth! LOL

MY WORST FEAR......THAT WHEN I DIE MY WIFE WILL SELL ALL MY BOATS & FISHING GEAR FOR WHAT I TOLD HER I PAID FOR IT.......

• BillyBilly ChassahowitzkaPosts: 2,703 Captain
    The spot where I catch Ladyfish is not a big secret. Almost all are hooked in the same place. In the mouth! LOL

Now you did it Pete...Doc will be up half the night trying to think of a come back.

Bill
    "And the ocean is howling for the things that might have been..."
  • troutman57troutman57 Posts: 3,691 Captain
    Ladyfish on the fly! That must have been a blast! Way to go pete.....we sat out the storm at the river mouth
    This place Rocks if yer a crabber
  • PONCEPONCE Posts: 5,943 Officer
    I`ll take those Ladys, nice chunk bait on the fresh
  • troutman57troutman57 Posts: 3,691 Captain

Don't tell'em Pete it's a SECRET!
    This place Rocks if yer a crabber
  • angler18angler18 Posts: 2,037 Captain
    sounds like fun with the long rod
  • ripnlipsripnlips Posts: 2,535 Captain
    Those ladyfish spots are like gold around here.
  • HammerheadTedHammerheadTed Posts: 1,240 Officer
    Got a fly rod and have been wanting to try it. Ladyfish sounds like great fun. A little surprising to me though since I fish alot of top water and catch a few, but not alot of Ladyfish. Guess I'll have to figure out what a clouser is. Thanks for the report. If you were up in Crystal River you woulda seen me hurrying in.
  • Salty Dawg44Salty Dawg44 Homosassa, FLPosts: 1,001 Officer
    Got a fly rod and have been wanting to try it. Ladyfish sounds like great fun. A little surprising to me though since I fish alot of top water and catch a few, but not alot of Ladyfish. Guess I'll have to figure out what a clouser is. Thanks for the report. If you were up in Crystal River you woulda seen me hurrying in.

A Clouser is a subsurface fly resembling a small baitfish. It consists of bucktail, a few strands of Crystal Flash, and lead "dumbell" shaped eyes. PM me if you can't locate some. Strip fast for Ladyfish and slower for Trout.