Hurricane Pass

This question might seem dumb, but I'm still trying to learn some of the basics. :huh We were fishing out of Crooked Is. this weekend and noticed several boats anchored up right outside of the pass. What are they "after" are they targeting Reds, Tarpon, or Cobia? Anyone know or have any experience of what this hot July weather is bringing that way?

Replies

• Split ShotSplit Shot Posts: 6,172 Admiral
    Sounds like tarpon to me. July and August.

Lots of sharks and some reds out there as well. No telling what else may pass by.
  • diverritediverrite Posts: 166 Deckhand
    Coming down next week and would like to exactly where tish is. I don't know all of the local names of local spots.

Thanks for the info.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Diverrite aboard "Step Into Liquid"
    Crooked Island is the ole Hurricane Pass. Close to Mexico Bch. Where do you plan to launch the boat?
  • tk's joytk's joy Posts: 2,490 Officer
    Coming out of the Mexico Beach canal, cross the sand bar, hang a rt. and about 7mi. or so down the beach, around the point and you'll see it. Be very careful going in, it can be tricky. Once in a while, will take the wives down there, ease in and you can back the boat right up to the beach on the inside, anchor up and the girls walk the island on the ocean side, gather shells and enjoy life. Me, I force myself to guard the boat and sip a couple of beers and enjoy the quite, I mean life.
    One of the best places to catch shark. I personally quit swimming there after several encounters, but that's my personal paranoia.
  • donald811donald811 Posts: 479 Deckhand
    Split Shot wrote: »
    One of the best places to catch shark. I personally quit swimming there after several encounters, but that's my personal paranoia.
    So you don't like bein in the food-chain.:cool
    Life is a lot simpler when you plow around the stump.
    I prefer to stay on the end of the food chain. :wink
  • tan mantan man Posts: 89 Deckhand
    tk's joy wrote: »
    back the boat right up to the beach on the inside, anchor up and the girls walk the island on the ocean side, gather shells and enjoy life. Me, I force myself to guard the boat and sip a couple of beers and enjoy the quite, I mean life.

One of my favorite spots to do this. Keeps everyone happy...