Show Your Biggest Bass

Replies

• SportsmanSportsman Posts: 59 Deckhand
    Those are big bass! Wow! :beer
  • wheelerwheelerwheelerwheeler Posts: 7 Greenhorn
    Here is a pic of the biggest bass that I have caught that I have a picture of. I have caught larger ones including a #14er in Pensacola. I estimated her weight at #9.
  • FlaDawgFlaDawg Posts: 137 Officer
    LengthXLengthXGirth divided by 1200 = Weight....
    I hunt and fish....Therefore,...I Lie...
  • RemoteRedsTroutRemoteRedsTrout Posts: 408 Deckhand
    Here is a pic of the biggest bass that I have caught that I have a picture of. I have caught larger ones including a #14er in Pensacola. I estimated her weight at #9.

Niiiiiiiiiiiiiice, were you fishing from a dock?
    bill-dance-motor-o.gif1314011917_bill_dance_fishing_blooper.gifsMozlUn.gif
    FlaDawg wrote: »
    LengthXLengthXGirth divided by 1200 = Weight....[/QUOTE
    I did the L X G calculations and was just over#9. Fat girls like cool water. LOL
    Niiiiiiiiiiiiiice, were you fishing from a dock?
    Yessir I was fishing from my dock on Lake Talquin, west of Tallahassee, December 10,2011.
    These 2 bass are my 7 year old son's biggest bass to date. Both caught on Christmas Day 2011. He thinks Santa set up his catch! LOL
  • Paul BarnardPaul Barnard Posts: 136 Officer
    This is the biggest one I have ever caught. I estimate it weighed about 7 pounds.

kayakkarin013.jpg
    Oops, copied the wrong image.

Family043.jpg
  • SportsmanSportsman Posts: 59 Deckhand
    Wowwee! :beer That's a big bass! Way to go!
    Oops, copied the wrong image.

Family043.jpg

Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice fish!!!!! Ima guess it mighta been pushing 8-8.5lbs. Looks really long, huge mouth, and chuuuunky.
    Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice fish!!!!! Ima guess it mighta been pushing 8-8.5lbs. Looks really long, huge mouth, and chuuuunky.

I released her pretty quickly, but did note roughly the distance she spanned across the kayak. It has been a while, but if I recall correctly it was 27-28 inches. As you can see from the pic, my foot would fit in its mouth. It was my biggest ever.
  • fsumichaelfsumichael Posts: 79 Deckhand
    24 1/2 inches, 10 .3 pounds caught on new years day in cape san blas florida
  • RollinRollin Posts: 1,543 Captain
    Some nice fish being caught lately, good work guys.:thumbsup:thumbsup
  • SC53SC53 Posts: 439 Deckhand

11lb3ozbasshoriz.jpg

7.12 on fly

7_2bassonfly.jpg

9_9onspin2.jpg

This is the biggest I've ever seen in person.
    Caught by Jim Forrest (who's sinced passed away) in the 80's
    14.1#

BigFish.jpg
  • UFGatorGuy20UFGatorGuy20 Posts: 38 Deckhand
    Greetings all. New member here. Sorry for some of the poor photo quality, but all I ever have with me is a camera phone, and I'm generally solo. I've never had much of an opportunity to fish by boat. But, I bass fish every opportunity I have. I'm an East Orlando guy. These are from a few local neighborhoods I lived in and on my parent's private lake in Deltona.

Caught in 2006. Didn't have a scale. Guessing ~5lbs. Hit a chug bug. He absolutely kicked my butt when I went to grab him at the bank!

I believe this is my biggest to date. I got him 2 weekends ago. 5.28lbs. Hit a Zoom Watermelon U-Vibe Worm. Absolutely incredible fight on lighter spinning rod and 10lb line. I thought he was going to push 7-8lbs before I weighed him. Haha. He absolutely inhaled the worm. But, I was so patient to get the hook out of his gullet without hurting him. Cut the line, back fed the hook with pliers. I'm thinking of starting to cut the barbs on my hooks... even if it lowers my catch rate.

Caught this dude this morning. Guessing 4.5lbs or so. Deceptive again with my camera phone. Another awesome fight on lighter spinning rod and 10lb line. Hit a sardine colored rapala x-rap.

This was a night fish that also hit a sardine colored rapala x-rap. Solid 3 or 4. Largest bass at night.
    1.jpg 75.4K
    2.jpg 47.5K
    3.jpg 70.6K
    4.jpg 26.3K
  • cav_scout1cav_scout1 Posts: 25 Greenhorn
    I cant claim this one because it was caught by my 7 y/o daughter on a zebco 33 in a pond fishing with a live shiner I did not have a scale but I am going to call it a 10lb bass we relesed her to go make lots of little bass!
    ibb4vc.jpg
    There is nothing in this world more important to me than my family this is why I fish and hunt, In my opinion there is nothing you can do that fosters a closer family than enjoying the outdoors together.
  • TrophyRoomAppTrophyRoomApp Posts: 172 Deckhand
    Nice Catch
    Do You Hunt Or Fish & Own An iPhone? http://www.TrophyRoomApp.com
  • paranoid.androidparanoid.android Posts: 95 Greenhorn
    9#15oz.
    Still trying for that true ten-pounder that has eluded me. :banghead

96oz_9-3-06.jpg
  • CHEEZ-ITCHEEZ-IT Posts: 26 Greenhorn
    Kissimmee 6.5
    "I give lip piercings for free"
  • flaswimbaiterflaswimbaiter Posts: 123 Officer
    Hey gator guy you are the first fisherman I ever saw to underestimate his fish. My hat is off to you.:thumbsup
  • UFGatorGuy20UFGatorGuy20 Posts: 38 Deckhand
    Hah! Thanks. Well I think for a time I over-estimated them. I thought my 2 and 3 lbers were 4s and 5s. So now I guess I've moved to the other side of the spectrum!
  • JacobjamesJacobjames Posts: 1 Greenhorn
    10 lb-4oz Peacock on $1.00 walmart spinnerbait. Photographed, weighed, and released. Homestead/Florida City area from a community lake 200 foot from my front door.
  • johnDjohnD WC FLPosts: 6,400 Admiral
    Jacobjames wrote: »
    10 lb-4oz Peacock on $1.00 walmart spinnerbait. Photographed, weighed, and released. Homestead/Florida City area from a community lake 200 foot from my front door.

that is a BRUTE :thumbsup
  • mikebrennanmikebrennan Posts: 9 Greenhorn
  • Captain Shane ProcellCaptain Shane Procell Posts: 371 Officer
    Here is my best this year. She was just a litttle over 8-1/2. Caught on Lake Okeechobee June 7, 2012 in open water on a Zara Spook.

0b263788.jpg
  • linhlinh Posts: 327 Officer
    Nice Peacock!
  • SkipperSkipper Posts: 75 Greenhorn
    look at the third one down big bass in pines by d. That was one of the biggest basses I have ever caught(I am the one in the pic)
  • DannyThomsonDannyThomson Posts: 2 Greenhorn
    11.0 Pounds in New Tampa at my neighborhood
    [video=facebook;10151518503766777]https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10151518503766777[/video]

10.8 Pounds caught in same pond as the 11.0 pounder

10.2 Pounds in a New Tampa pond
    Bass Fisherman in New Tampa :thumbsup
    http://www.DannyThomson.com
    WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!! My goodness!!

Whats your secret Danny? Ive been pond fishing regularly for 9 years and my biggest bass is 9.25lbs, alotta 8lbers tho

Vast majority of my big fish have been during the spawn too. Do you have most luck during the spawn? Prefer bait or lures?

Ive missed opportunities on at least 2 10+ fish during the spawn, either not biting on lures or bait and pulled the hook on one