2.jpg?t=1310700929

7lb 2oz
01-1.jpg?t=1310700298

IMG_0397.jpg?t=1310700506

6lb 10oz
799e13e2.jpg?t=1310700571

6lb 15oz
a090.jpg?t=1310700640

Not one of my biggest, definitely the oddest though (south carolina)
0305111019-06.jpg?t=1310700861
6lb 6oz
002.jpg?t=1310700685

7lb 7oz or 6.5 not sure
0308110415-00.jpg?t=1310700742

7lb 7oz or 6.5 not sure
0308110442-00.jpg?t=1310700831
bill-dance-motor-o.gif1314011917_bill_dance_fishing_blooper.gifsMozlUn.gif

Replies

• lookinlookin Posts: 1,264 Officer
    nice fish!

What's odd about that SC bass...other than it looks like your fishing in a puddle of water? lol
    God is great, beer is good, and people are crazy
  • WharfRat71WharfRat71 Posts: 42 Deckhand
    19936819174996609791346.jpg
  • asj410asj410 Posts: 16 Greenhorn
    lookin wrote: »
    nice fish!

What's odd about that SC bass...other than it looks like your fishing in a puddle of water? lol

Look at the tail....or lack thereof.
  • TREVORTREVOR Posts: 6 Greenhorn
    20h3ryr.jpg
    vsownd.jpg
    These are both from last year, I haven't been doing much freshwater this year.
    1st was just shy of 11 and the other was 7.5
  • cuckoocuckoo Posts: 107 Deckhand
    This one nailed a Ribbit toad on 50 lb. PP down at Sawgrass... Finally wore it down so my buddy could get her in the net. Didn't have a scale but we released her to be caught another day...:beer
    000_0358.jpg
    God is great... Beer is good... And people are crazy!
  • Austins26Austins26 Posts: 1,989 Captain
    MMS95Resized95Pix.jpg
    The Original HOTD poster
    680k views 360 plus posts Deleted by a so called Mod over a little cleavage

member since Oct 1998 long before most of You
  • cuckoocuckoo Posts: 107 Deckhand
    You should have held that one closer to the camera...:grin
    God is great... Beer is good... And people are crazy!
  • FishaHallicFishaHallic Posts: 660 Officer
    [IMG][/img]DSCN7731.jpg

9lbs 15oz from Lake Berryessa California

[IMG][/img]P2040031.jpg

7 and 3/4 lbs, Lake Tarpon Florida
  • ThumpThump Posts: 188 Deckhand
    http://www.timesdaily.com/article/20100313/ARTICLES/3135022

That smallie went 6.54 lbs and won me biggest smallmouth of the series (Four Tournaments). My only "Lunker Club" quality fish (6lb Smallmouth or 10lb Largemouth) and it being in a tournament made it even sweeter! We don't have the quality largemouths that ya'll have in Florida up here in Tennessee. (Ya'lls have a longer growing season and are a different strain of bass) I have fished one tournament on the Big O and we only caught 4 keepers for like 9 lbs. and that is the only time I have freshwater fished Florida. But we do have the best large smallmouth fishing in the country!
    cuckoo wrote: »
    You should have held that one closer to the camera...:grin

I knew your fish couldn't be Florida bass. Noticing your swimbait. Lol Kinda of an unfair comparison. In California they stock there lakes with feeder trout.

Great catches either way....

When I was in California, I surprised to see Sports Authority, **** carrying large swimbaits. 6-8inch baits are considered average by California Standards

Tight work...
    The Original HOTD poster

• asj410asj410 Posts: 16 Greenhorn
    Austins26 wrote: »
    When I was in California, I surprised to see Sports Authority, **** carrying large swimbaits. 6-8inch baits are considered average by California Standards

That's interesting. The Sports Authority locations up here in the Atlanta, GA area completely got rid of all of their fishing stuff. Guess BPS and the like are kicking their butts too much.
    The SA here in an around Tampa seem to be leaning towards progressively less an less fishing related equipment.
    I knew your fish couldn't be Florida bass. Noticing your swimbait. Lol Kinda of an unfair comparison. In California they stock there lakes with feeder trout.

Great catches either way....

Tight work...
    The Original HOTD poster

• BnTBnT Posts: 6,644 Admiral
    29.5 inches.. caught on top water 4 or 5 years ago. Had no scale so idk how much she weighed.

bigbass.jpg
    "Give a man a fish and feed him for a day... Don’t teach a man to fish…and feed yourself. He’s a grown man. And fishing’s not that hard"
    gandrfab wrote: »
    Sharky is always clocky, bnt is sometimes sharky,
    sharky is sometimes bnt, but bnt is never clocky
    I think you were directing your comment toward me and I agree it is a little unfair to compare California bass to ones in Florida but to be fair I did post my 7 3/4 lber from Lake Tarpon. I will tell you what though, from the little I fished in California and from what I have seen how they catch there big bass there, I will take Florida bass any day. The bass fishing for the monstor bass of California is a whole different way of fishing for the most part, I enjoy working structure near shoreline not fishing 20-60' deep in large clearwater impoundments.
    29.5 inches.. caught on top water 4 or 5 years ago. Had no scale so idk how much she weighed.

bigbass.jpg

29.5" fish is big, nice catch.
  • RemoteRedsTroutRemoteRedsTrout Posts: 408 Deckhand
    Verrrrry nice fish!!!!!!
    '
    Hilarious posts too!

29.5", that is an absolute monster!!!!!!!!! I'm not even gonna guess a weight, huge!!!
    Arent most of those monster california bass florida strain???? They get friggin huge there though
    Yes I think they are mostly Florida strain but they are a different breed when it comes to fishing for them, the guy I fished with in California almost laughed at me when I brought my Florida gear and lures in the boat, he said you could try but you won't catch anything with that stuff but we were fishing much deeper water than I would ever fish in Florida where I love to cast to the bank and fish grass lines and structure close to shore.

Also the guy I fished with had around 20 fish over 10 lbs with 2 of them being over 13 but nothing bigger than 14 but he mainly fished for big fish only, he said the day I got mine that we may not get anybites but if we did they would be big and he was right, I got my 9 lb 15ozer and missed another spotted bass in the 8 lb range.
  • fsumichaelfsumichael Posts: 79 Deckhand
    fsumichael wrote: »

nice fish fsumichael

to the other replies

in California they stock there lakes with 1-2lbs trout That's what they're Bass eat. I know what you mean i different kind if fishing in Cali our med to hvy rods wouldn't handle they fishery They're water is extremely deep

When i was there I was told they're average fish came from 60-80ft yikes that's deep no wonder they use 4-8oz swimbaits otherwsie it would take forever to hit bottom
    The Original HOTD poster

Verrrrry nice fish!!!!!!
    '
    Hilarious posts too!

29.5", that is an absolute monster!!!!!!!!! I'm not even gonna guess a weight, huge!!!

I kick myself every time i think about not having my digital scale on me that day.. I stopped there on the way home from a practice right before dark. Not prepared at all.
    "Give a man a fish and feed him for a day... Don’t teach a man to fish…and feed yourself. He’s a grown man. And fishing’s not that hard"
    Were you able to get a girth measurement?
    22" girth.
  • OysterbottomboyOysterbottomboy Posts: 414 Officer
    Caught this one at my buddies hunt camp on a dark green and gold spinner bait. Not sure how big she was, any estimates?

c78ea42b.jpg
    nice fish great pic were your x-tool pliers falling as the pic was being taken I have a couple pairs (they're great) I can't hardly fish/catch without them
    The Original HOTD poster

• Bassin AssassinBassin Assassin Posts: 1,211 Officer
    That's a good fish. I am thinking 6.5 lbs.
    Improve Our Fishery - Practice Catch and Release
  • OysterbottomboyOysterbottomboy Posts: 414 Officer
    nice fish great pic were your x-tool pliers falling as the pic was being taken I have a couple pairs (they're great) I can't hardly fish/catch without them

Yeah those pliers are one of the best purchases I have made. I don't know if they fell or what but gives the pic some character.

Yeah I was thinking somewhere around 6-8 lbs
  • BmillerBmiller Posts: 36 Deckhand
    id say about 6 at most. but kinda hard to tell at that angle. looks like a nice fat healthy belly though so know knows. Hell of a fish for sure!
  • fsumichaelfsumichael Posts: 79 Deckhand
    with that belly id say about 7 or 8