converting loran to gps

I just acquired some numbers from an old friend for reefs and fishing spots in the gulf. He use to fish a lot and was successful, but due to age and health he has not fished in a while. The olny issue is his numbers are in the old loran format. What is the most accurate site to use to convert these to gps?

Replies

• SpineymanSpineyman Posts: 8,135 Admiral
    The Andren program is the best but you have to have some marker numbers for the area. which means known Loran and GPS numbers to match.
    Kayak Rookie...and loving it.
    Fishing beautiful Destin / Ft Walton Beach area!

II Chronicles 7:14
    if My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land.

What area are you in?

if My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land.

• red010480red010480 Posts: 304 Deckhand
    i live in douglas, ga. But the numbers are for the pc area
    Do you have any known numbers of both for the same spot?

• Panhandler80Panhandler80 Posts: 8,038 Moderator
    I have a furno gps with that will switch over to TD. It gets me pretty darn close. Good news is that once you find a spot, you'll figure out how much and where it's off. Add two the top and one to the bottom, or whatever.

I've been fishing some ancient loran stuff this year and it's darn sure hit or miss. Just because it's old does not mean it's good. I fished some areas last weekend that 10 years ago were loaded with fish, last weekend they were just absolutely pounded down to nothing. Desert. Point being, old can also mean just that many more people know about it, but it can also men stuff that folks have forgotten about.
    ]
    "Whatcha doin' in my waters?"