Bait.....!

I have a 1999 Striper seaswirl that has a sub-cabin and is 19 feet so i can get into water around 2-3 feet but i really prefer 3-4 as being the shallowest.i went to span c of the causeway and did not catch anything but a leatherjack.... and i went to picnic island on the side you see when coming from rumrunners or the river if you follow that channel, the tripods and a few other places and only seemed to get about 1 and a half dozen greenbacks and maybe a dozen pins... this took a long time even considering the fact i tried chumming for larger pins in some areas around 5-6 feet deep and didnt get anything and even on the side of picnic island i was talking about... any where abouts of the bait or anything i could do to do better or new places to go? any techniques or things i could improve? i have a 8 foot 3/8 mesh west coast cast net but i will on monday be getting a new one and im thinking a 8,9,or 10 foot 1/4 inch cast net. which one do you guys think?

Replies

• Joey ButtonsJoey Buttons Posts: 11,849 AG
    Keep with the 3/8ths.
    FSU is the best football team of all time!
  • etommy28etommy28 Posts: 311 Deckhand
    We caught 3 to 5 inch white bait on bonita this morning and there was bigger stuff further off shore that we couldnt get too.
  • etommy28etommy28 Posts: 311 Deckhand
    using the same net you have.