Home Northwest General Fishing & The Outdoors

UGA - Crowell NN bye bye

These dumb kids....he's gone!
Sometimes the nicest people you meet are covered in tattoos & sometimes the most judgmental people you meet go to church on Sundays...

Replies

• tapatetapate Posts: 5,263 Admiral
    ATHENS – Georgia tailback Isaiah Crowell was arrested early Friday morning and remains in Athens-Clarke County Jail on three weapons charges, two of them felonies.

The sophomore from Columbus was booked at 3:37 a.m. on charges of carrying a concealed weapon, possessing a weapon in a school zone and an altered ID mark. His bond was set at $7,500. No other information was immediately available.

Crowell, who came to UGA in 2011 as the No. 1-rated running back prospect in America, was slated to start for the Bulldogs at tailback this season. He rushed for 850 yards and 5 touchdowns as a freshman despite missing playing time due to two suspensions and injuries. Crowell was benched for the first quarter of the Vanderbilt game on Oct. 15 as a disciplinary punishment and was suspended for the Nov. 5 New Mexico State game, reportedly for failing a drug test.

Police spokesperson Hilda Sorrow said Friday morning she was still gathering information and could not immediately provide any additional details. More information to come when it’s available.

from AJC.com

knew this kid would be short lived on campus. Two felonies? JESUS H! What a moron.
  • HewesManHewesMan Posts: 63 Greenhorn
    So much for that Dream Team now...:grin
    CONTROL. YOUR. PLAYERS.

Wasn't that the new ADs message?
  • BodineBodine Posts: 3,080 Captain
    Quote circa 2001 from Bodine

"We all recruit from the same ghettos.
    Dont expect different results."
    F the feds
  • reel estatereel estate Posts: 1,402 Officer
    He deserves all he's worked for,appreciate the EZ exit strategy for Richt and crew.......buh bye..
    Bodine wrote: »
    Quote circa 2001 from Bodine

"We all recruit from the same ghettos.
    Dont expect different results."

you're not wrong
  • KnuckleheadKnucklehead Posts: 1,418 Officer
    You know you're a bad apple when Marc Richt boots you:grin
    Don-Knotts-don-knotts-22921303-197-200.jpg
  • wishfishinwishfishin Posts: 4,080 Captain
    Should have gone to FL, he'd still be on the squad. :)
    1268964408215_zps1ab1a85e.gif
  • wishfishinwishfishin Posts: 4,080 Captain
    Ferris, I really hope he's booted.
    1268964408215_zps1ab1a85e.gif
    He'll just continue to watch UGA football from the sidelines either way...
    He'll just continue to watch UGA football from the sidelines either way...

True, he didn't want to play that much anyway.
  • HewesManHewesMan Posts: 63 Greenhorn
    He'll be suspended for just enough games before they play someone tough then he will be reinstated...not that they really play anyone that though this year anyways
    tapate wrote: »
    True, he didn't want to play that much anyway.

he was "not using his self up before the next level".............didn't think he meant working towards prison at the time....
  • emaxwellemaxwell Posts: 122 Deckhand
    ferris1248 wrote: »
    He'll simply claim the gun isn't his.

The 2 felonies go away and he's only got a misdemeanor for an altered license.

He'll play this year.

It's the UGA way.

Ed is already on the case.

the altered ID refers to the serial number on the weapon
    Serious crime to alter the serial number on a weapon.
  • ducknfishducknfish Posts: 3,821 Officer
    CONTROL. YOUR. PLAYERS.

Wasn't that the new ADs message?

That isn't a reasonable expectation. You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink.
    ducknfish wrote: »
    That isn't a reasonable expectation. You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink.

Why not? Plenty of programs don't have issues with their star players getting into trouble?

At uga, its not the backups its the high profile guys.

They aren't controlling them per se, but they don't have these major issues with faces of the program.
  • ducknfishducknfish Posts: 3,821 Officer
    Why not? Plenty of programs don't have issues with their star players getting into trouble?

At uga, its not the backups its the high profile guys.

They aren't controlling them per se, but they don't have these major issues with faces of the program.
    I don't think you can control people that age especially when you have time constraints. I think it's more an issue of poor background research or they gamble on risky kids.
  • haydenfox!#$haydenfox!#$ Posts: 2,450 Captain
    As a H.S. coach myself, I can tell you coaches dont knowingly/purposely stake their livelihood and reputation on troubled kids. IMO, we always believe we can be the one to open their eyes and get em' turned around. Most of these kids need a vision that extends beyond whats right in front of them. For every one they have seen get in trouble or die, they see 10 that get away with whatever. Their status makes this thought process an even bigger issue as most have lived this way the majority of their lives with noone to prove it's detrimental to their overall wellness. Sad, very sad...
  • trout069trout069 Posts: 5,662 Admiral
    he was gone anyway.new kid from nth carolina better all around.maybe crowell will transfer to knoxville.we need help.
  • dstockwelldstockwell Posts: 13,822 AG

Maybe because the others don't make trouble. How much more of a free ride should he get?
    It is not the responsibility of the United States to solve the problems of other countries.
    dstockwell wrote: »
    Maybe because the others don't make trouble. How much more of a free ride should he get?

I'm not following you, or you aren't following me.

As of now he is dismissed.
  • dstockwelldstockwell Posts: 13,822 AG
    Maybe I misconstrued you're post on why not. As far as I am concerned they already get plenty in scholarship, if they do crap like this then see yea, find a new home.
    It is not the responsibility of the United States to solve the problems of other countries.
  • The MelManThe MelMan Posts: 4,038 Captain
    At least a weapons charge shows he has a fighting attitude...........:) Maybe all the weed hasn't ruined him yet.....
    The trouble with dressing like a thug, smokin' dope and dreds is sometimes you might have to defend yourself in the thug pecking order.:machinegun
    You wanna save your kids, make em cut their hair, drug test every 2 weeks and wear a uniform. Don't give a ratsazz if you are the #1 RB in the country........
    2012-2013 FloridaSportsman BCS Bowl Poll Champion

Northwest Nascar Champion 2012, 2017

"2011-2012 BCS Bowl Poll Champion".
    trout069 wrote: »
    he was gone anyway.new kid from nth carolina better all around.maybe crowell will transfer to knoxville.we need help.

That must be tasty kool aid. Crowell was ranked the no 1 rb in all the land for some reason. Marshall will be good, but it takes a special freshman to come up big in the sec. Losing Crowell is a huge blow.
  • UgahewesUgahewes Posts: 5,322 Admiral
    he could be facing 2-5 yrs prison
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Pescatoral PursuitPescatoral Pursuit Posts: 5,065 Admiral
    Have the Criminoles picked him up yet?

They'll need him for their 12-5 season:
    12 arrests, and 5 convictions.:grin
  • StonewallStonewall Posts: 848 Officer
    Got this in a email from friend today. New they were getting a thug?:huh

Ok - I'm just as disappointed about the IC situation as anyone and just keep thinking how strong we could've been at RB (and still might) with him and the rest of the crew in Athens.....but he really was a bad apple. *Story are now coming out since he is no longer on the team.

Here is a story from a member of the coaching staff.

"I had a staff member tell me last year they knew in advance exactly what they were getting with IC. But, with public perception they had to recruit him. Number one running back in the nation from our state, if we did not get him , then fans would say Mark Richt was not doing his job and scream for his head. *He told me when we get the two kids from NC then IC will probably be on the first bus out of town. Did they want him to fail ? Absolutely not.They did everything they could to help him succeed . CMR even asked Orson Charles to room with Isiah to mentor him. Orson willingly did so to help the team.

One day in practice IC dogged it through the entire practice complaining with his ankle. After practice the offense ran sprints . Isiah lagged through the sprints as well. Then Coach T out smarted him. He put him on one sideline and put him on the stopwatch .He had to sprint across the field, touch the other side, and sprint back under a certain time or everyone would have to continue to run. Isiah's dilemma: Do I favor my ankle and have to face my teammates, or do I show I was okay all along and perform. With Chris Conley running halfway across the field with him, and with two lines of cheering teammates formed for him to run through to the finish, it was quite a spectacle. He flew across the field turned on a dime and glided back. He was very impressive!"

By the way, do you know what Keith Marshall was doing at 2am when Crowell got arrested? *He had just finished his reps of push-ups and sit-ups and was watching game film while studying his playbook. *He went to bed at 4am and got back to the BM in time for 6am workouts.

Just saying.......
    Can't never did try!
  • BigfootBigfoot Posts: 9,382 Admiral
    "By the way, do you know what Keith Marshall was doing at 2am when Crowell got arrested? *He had just finished his reps of push-ups and sit-ups and was watching game film while studying his playbook. *He went to bed at 4am and got back to the BM in time for 6am workouts."

This...
    Sometimes the nicest people you meet are covered in tattoos & sometimes the most judgmental people you meet go to church on Sundays...