Estero Bay 6\27\12

Went out on Wensday morning with Esterobaybum and South member Tightlines to see how the bay was looking . Was greeted with 2 to 4 foot seas just out side of Coconut point and scatterd rain , stuck with it though hopeing the forcast would be true . The water was all turned up and the wind was pushing 20 to 30 mph , so we decided to head south towards the Imperial River to find some cover from the wind and cleaner water . Well there was cleaner water there and more rain , tried it for alittle and headed back still no bites . Checked another spot but too much wind there , but the sun was starting to come out , so I said will try one more spot . Headed to the west wall to a couple of holes I know of and staked out and started tossing baits . And then it happend , not even 5 mins there around 11 am the wind slowed to about 5 to 10 mph , the tide started to turn and head out and fish started biting , a couple of Snook and a bunch of Mangs . Hung out there for a little bit and then decided to go check out some of my other spots by the Mangroves which got us into some more Snook and Reds , then we headed out to the flats which were all dirty from the wind , drifted for a little and then Tightlines hooks up with big ole Ray , did a quick release and called it a day at 1pm . Bad mornings sometimes turn into good lunches , sorry no pics from the water forgot the camera again .

Have a reat weekend guys , it gunna be a hot one ,
JSTickum

Replies

• BinderBinder Posts: 3,857 Captain
    Nice reds!! That ladyfish looks lonesome:)
  • JSTickumJSTickum Posts: 412 Deckhand
    binder077 wrote: »
    Nice reds!! That ladyfish looks lonesome:)

Tank Food for my pets , the Reds were hungry lost a buch of them when the bite turned on
  • dtobiasdtobias Posts: 733 Officer
    That's a great morning, especially with the conditions you had. Were y'all throwing artificial or live bait?
  • DoodidleDoodidle Posts: 141 Officer
    That lady fish looks like it wants to get cut in half and thrown under a dock for some snook
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • fieromanfieroman Posts: 230 Officer
    hell some of the snookzilla's at the cape yacht club would like that lady whole
  • JSTickumJSTickum Posts: 412 Deckhand
    dtobias we were throwing it all at them , the Reds were taken on arties . O K you guys noticed my preferred bait , but not for Snook ( though small Ladys LIVE kill big Snook ) offshore Ladys will kill the big Snaps and Groupers alll day long , and I am hoping to get offshore soon , BTW any body need a exp. offshore hand , I just need a boat , will help with fuel and advice(luck)