Anyone Fish Here?

Hey guys wondering if any of you sarasota folks have fished here it is back behind the little bridge leading st armands to longboat the relt tiny one, This is located behind the radio tower flats. We went back there on the kayaks and it looked amazing for a slam. Nice potholes for trout,mangroves for snook and shallow flats for the reds but all we were seeing were mullet every direction.
Sarasota,Fl 
Fishing, Photography, Life

Replies

• Joey ButtonsJoey Buttons Posts: 11,849 AG
    I have not.
    FSU is the best football team of all time!
  • outforpoonoutforpoon Posts: 87 Deckhand
    If that is were I'm thinking it is you cannot fish there. I could be wrong in the place but I believe that is it
  • fishingkid315fishingkid315 Posts: 1,943 Captain
    The Sign says do not enter for boats, there is another sign that says you may only fish using a cane pole.
    outforpoon wrote: »
    If that is were I'm thinking it is you cannot fish there. I could be wrong in the place but I believe that is it
    Sarasota,Fl 
  • SeeingRedSeeingRed Posts: 312 Officer
    Why wouldn't he be able to fish there?

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    There is a few signs thats say no entry but its for boats. The water here is 1.5-3ft most of the time I think thats why but not sure?
    SeeingRed wrote: »

Sarasota,Fl 
  • I want to revisit that place, poss park a boat and wade in.
  • outforpoonoutforpoon Posts: 87 Deckhand
    SeeingRed wrote: »

I am not sure why..... I know when you fish there FWC is always there to kick you out... It is B.S. cause it is a great place to fish!!
  • jakejake Posts: 326 Deckhand
    its for manatees to breed or something. and yes there's great fishing and yes FWC will write you a ticket
  • poon.huntpoon.hunt Posts: 63 Deckhand
    that is called pansey bayou, i wouldnt advise fishing there unless u are willing to get a ticket, my buds and i have been kicked out before
    jake wrote: »
    its for manatees to breed or something. and yes there's great fishing and yes FWC will write you a ticket

Have you caught anything
    Sarasota,Fl 
    ****.hunt wrote: »
    that is called pansey bayou, i wouldnt advise fishing there unless u are willing to get a ticket, my buds and i have been kicked out before

Catch anything there
    Sarasota,Fl 
    outforpoon wrote: »
    I am not sure why..... I know when you fish there FWC is always there to kick you out... It is B.S. cause it is a great place to fish!!

I fished there today, what have you caught there I'm willing to go back
    Sarasota,Fl 
  • sk018sk018 Posts: 2,848 Captain
    I have had days with 20 reds there, caught two 29 inch trout. have caught multiple 34 inch reds...But apparently you arent supposed to fish there..If you go. Park at Lido beack, walk in the back through the mangroves and fish the whole back side. use a 1/8th oz jig head and a doa shad tail...It is hit or miss. Right now water may be too hot. Its best in March/April.
  • sk018sk018 Posts: 2,848 Captain
    BTW achor ur yak and wade. Long casts can be important, all my big reds have come on long casts in there...It tide is real high fish close to the mangroves, if not fish in 3 feet iof water about 30 yards off them.
  • what is the best live bait to use in there?