Offshore Marathon, Friday, June 22nd

It's Saturday morning, and the same old story's really getting old. Small craft advisory yaddah, yaddah, yaddah. Yesterday we fished really hard only to boat three mahi. Found the first one under some birds just beyond the reef and thought it might be one of those days when we find the fish inside, but we ended up having to run 23 miles out to find birds.

The weed is really scattered and the seas are confused. We'd like to try to bottom fish today, but looking out on whitecaps inside the reef isn't real motivational. :banghead

I'm starting to think we should have gone back to Glacier National Park like last summer to fish for trout.

But then again, it's hard to beat fresh-caught sushi in the Keys. :beer

Replies

• swordawetswordawet 337 miles WNW of GTCPosts: 637 Officer
    Ditto on the weather story. I've been bayside fishing in the rain. Nice Mahi and skip jack. Glad you caught a few! Thanks for posting :thumbsup
    "Today's the Day" .... Mel Fisher
  • fish4funfish4fun Posts: 225 Officer
    Sorry to hammer the same thought as your first thread, but I've been following the forecasts and reports and I know the wave heights you report are dead on...yet it looks like even I, Capt Queasy, could fish that water. Yes I'd have the patch on etc, but still I'd be fishing. Maybe the camera doesn't do justice to the conditions.

Regardless, great pics, especially the GNP. Postcard perfect. Thanks for the report.
  • jakedgejakedge Posts: 1,303 Officer
    Red Solo Cup....
  • ST SOMEWHEREST SOMEWHERE Posts: 11 Greenhorn
    Good times! Go Gators!
  • ReelDealReelDeal Posts: 19 Greenhorn
    Awesome!
    www.jamaica.com.co . We have a lovely vacation rental Country Club Townhouse. We book for various fishing charters on Island.
  • BuckheadMahiBuckheadMahi Posts: 25 Greenhorn
    lets keep the gator talk off the board....I believe they did make an early exit from the CWS recently and they have not won the state title in football for two years in a row, which is just the begining to a long road of recovery for their program.
    :fishing
  • dirtydoradodirtydorado Posts: 5 Greenhorn
    lets keep the gator talk off the board....I believe they did make an early exit from the CWS recently and they have not won the state title in football for two years in a row, which is just the begining to a long road of recovery for their program.

I see you stole my Log In name in your signature :nono
    I believe I was on the forum before you...plus as the "Captain" of the boat I can get away with it. :grin
  • chompchompchompchomp Posts: 59 Greenhorn
    Yesterday, the closest we came to the fish was putzing through Sister Creek and under the bridge to the bayside. At least we got the kids in the water though when running north into it, those sitting in the bow seat required goggles. Call today is 7-10, yippee. Oh, and Go Gators.
  • gatormonroegatormonroe Posts: 198 Deckhand
    Go Gators.
  • dirtydoradodirtydorado Posts: 5 Greenhorn
    I believe I was on the forum before you...plus as the "Captain" of the boat I can get away with it. :grin

:blahblah:blahblah:blahblah

I am submitting paperwork to trademark the phrase, so you are welcome to continue using MY name for a reasonable fee. :cool:
    :blahblah:blahblah:blahblah

I am submitting paperwork to trademark the phrase, so you are welcome to continue using MY name for a reasonable fee. :cool:

We can negotiate if you wish....
  • ZimmerNoleZimmerNole Posts: 9,244 Officer
    ^^ Go NOLES!
    Heroes On the Water
    South Florida Chapter Coordinator
    https://www.facebook.com/HOWSouthFloridaChapter

"Helping find peace for those who fought to defend it!" :USA
    FREEDOM CAPTURED!

FSU Alumni GO NOLES!!! >>
    >

2013 Hobie Outback
  • Go Catch'nGo Catch'n Posts: 20 Greenhorn
    Glad to hear someone got out and caught some fish. Enjoy 'em... they were well earned.
    Why go fishing when you can Go Catch'n?

-Edward