Polishing the Worldcat with Star Brite

CaptTaterCaptTater Posts: 20,096 AG
I restored my Regulator with Rejex and was very satisfied but my new to me WorldCat gives me the opportunity to compare it to Star Brite. I got the full setup from Star Brite so follow me as I bring this gelcoat back to life. I'm posting as I work so if it doesn't work well Bill is gonna kill me. :) I suspect it will do just fine.

Here is what I'm working with. The previous owner had a 3 sided dock that didn't quite go to the end and you can see where they nearly destroyed the gelcoat where they could reach it. The bow sides look good but from about 2/3 all the way to the transom it's bad chalky.

Start package
178994_3648701928468_989044033_n.jpg

2012-04-22_14-59-03_887.jpg

This is the bow part vs the rest of the side before I start
IMG_0015.jpg

I'm starting at the stern and working forward and then I'll do the place between the chalk and shiny bow with a "competing product". :)
IMG_0016.jpg
THis is after some light rubbing compound, then the cleaner wax.

IMG_0017.jpg

It looked okay but then I did the Marine Polish. The farthest back is with the cleaner wax and further forward is the Polish. It started raining so I may have to reapply the polish. So far it's at least as good as the other for that little part.
IMG_0018.jpg
I did not read the story but if you take tax payers money maybe you should be held to some standards.-Cyclist
when we say the same thing about welfare recipients, you cry like a wounded buffalo Sopchoppy
It's their money, they spend it how they like. Truth and honesty have nothing to do with it. - Mr Jr
"“A radical is one who advocates sweeping changes in the existing laws and methods of government.” "

Replies

• BillatstarbriteBillatstarbrite Posts: 509 Officer
    Great pics; thanks for posting them. It's nice to see how the stuff works in the real world.

FWIW, this is how we test new and existing products, too, on our own boats.

Bill
  • CaptTaterCaptTater Posts: 20,096 AG
    Great pics; thnaks for posting them. It's nice to see how the stuff works in the real world.

FWIW, this is how we test new and existing products, too, on our own boats.

Bill
    Dang it, you mean I could have gotten yall to do the labor. :) I'm about done but of course I can't get the fading around the letters off too good. I wet sanded as much as I dare.
    I did not read the story but if you take tax payers money maybe you should be held to some standards.-Cyclist
    when we say the same thing about welfare recipients, you cry like a wounded buffalo Sopchoppy
    It's their money, they spend it how they like. Truth and honesty have nothing to do with it. - Mr Jr
    "“A radical is one who advocates sweeping changes in the existing laws and methods of government.” "
  • BillatstarbriteBillatstarbrite Posts: 509 Officer
    Woooo! Nice boat, Tater! So, when do we go fishing and get it dirty?

BTW, if you guys fish and are NOT a CCA member, shame on you.

If you live in Broward County, the CCA is back; I'm the new Prez of the CCA Broward County Chapter. We are planning some cool events that will lure you in (nice fishing analogy, huh?). Stay tuned for more...
  • bluegillbluegill Posts: 2 Greenhorn
    Like to hear more about the cool evnets at Broward CCA?