"Ownership" of the Forum

2»

Replies

• saltybumsaltybum Posts: 1,579 Captain
    WOW nearly 600 views :Popcorn only 30 posts!
    Must be a bunch that like reality forum better than reality TV...buuuuut would rather observe than participate!
    Come on jump in, it ain't that hot!
  • Flyguy1Flyguy1 Posts: 101 Officer
    Wow.. Grow up and stop complaining. ODC simply redirected mtd after he rabbit trailed in the casting lessons thread. This is ridiculous.
  • tarpon41tarpon41 Posts: 208 Deckhand
    saltybum wrote: »
    WOW nearly 600 views :Popcorn only 30 posts!
    Must be a bunch that like reality forum better than reality TV...buuuuut would rather observe than participate!
    Come on jump in, it ain't that hot!

The genesis of Flower's J'accuse was the Rat's responsive and technical post regarding the value of casting lessons followed by MTD's anecdotal and obvious post...practice...practice ...perhaps it was MTD's use of the word disagree as opposed to a softer word ....Your Lordship may I respectfully "add" to what my learned brethern has stated...practice and more practice... that caused the Moderator to proclaim If you're going to disagree with Permit Rat's post, it's only fair that you post a compelling arguement as to why. Make a compelling argument as to why that's judge speak deciding that your client is going to do 10 picking beans at Rafford for stealing chickens. Neither Rat's nor MTD's post were... "obscene, vulgar, sexually-oriented, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws."(FS Form Rules); accordingly the Moderator did not need to moderate and certainly did not need favor Rat. It is readily apparent from Rat's posts that he does not need a Moderator's thumb on the scale to favor his positions.

• Ol'DirtyCasterOl'DirtyCaster Posts: 2,322 Captain
    tarpon41 wrote: »
    The genesis of Flower's J'accuse was the Rat's responsive and technical post regarding the value of casting lessons followed by MTD's anecdotal and obvious post...practice...practice ...perhaps it was MTD's use of the word disagree as opposed to a softer word ....Your Lordship may I respectfully "add" to what my learned brethern has stated...practice and more practice... that caused the Moderator to proclaim If you're going to disagree with Permit Rat's post, it's only fair that you post a compelling arguement as to why. Make a compelling argument as to why that's judge speak deciding that your client is going to do 10 picking beans at Rafford for stealing chickens. Neither Rat's nor MTD's post were... "obscene, vulgar, sexually-oriented, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws."(FS Form Rules); accordingly the Moderator did not need to moderate and certainly did not need favor Rat. It is readily apparent from Rat's posts that he does not need a Moderator's thumb on the scale to favor his positions.

There wasn't any moderating done on that thread T. I didn't edit or delete any part of his posts, and only locked it up once Mtd's rant escalated into threats. I thought asking for an explanation for his completely left feild response was reasonable, and had nothing to do with favoring anyone.
  • Renagade69Renagade69 Posts: 1,230 Officer
    ODC you moderated the thread when you intervened Mtd asking for an explanation of what he posted and decided he was in left field. His post was on topic. You just did not like the topic content and felt it was repetitive.The forum content can not always be what you want it to be. There did not have to be a moderation of the thread. You actually destryed the thread and brought it off topic by yourself.MTD did not threaten you either.You did not read it correctly. I talked to him in depth about that in the keys on a fishing trip we were on.
    Hells Bay Estero Bay Boat and Hells Bay Marquesas
  • sunflowersunflower Posts: 489 Deckhand
    17 June 2012

Dear Acesover,

you are mistaking my intent. I am nudging towards small improvements, not looking for a sea-change. Sometimes when you are training a little puppy, you have to give him a swat on the fanny with a newspaper to get his attention. We all know ODC is new to the moderator business, and I'm sure he appreciates the well-meant encouragement. I am one of his biggest fans, and think he has the potential to grow a lot, and become really good at this. No one starts out as a great fly-caster, and probably no one starts out as a great moderator as well. I'm sure ODC takes the advice in the positive spirit in which it was offered, and uses it to improve his game. His loops will just get tighter and tighter as he gets more experience.

Nothing but grace and goodness, here.

Francis

Mark

grace finds goodness in everything ...

• acesoveracesover Posts: 552 Officer
    Francis,
    I kinda doubt your intent when I read the following" I will mention I share your disappointment with the quality of the moderation. I have gotten into it with 'Ol Dirty Caster, and share your questions as to whether he has the maturity and temperament to perform his duty. I see a petty willingness to try to enforce his own views, suppress the views of those who don't agree with him, and use his editorial power in his own interests, rather than for the benefit of the group. There is no unwillingness on his part to tear into others, but there is immediate punishment if you go against him. " Hardly more than a snide remark that should have been put in an PM to 69, and as the way I read 69's posts, he says he was "drug into it" and the statement infers that is was due to your post, maybe I'm wrong, but it seems that way to me.
    Sorry you are "disappointed" in the moderation, I myself am not, and I would venture to guess that you are in the minority, maybe not, but it's the way I see it.
    And the "Francis" sig is a HOOT!!! LOL
    Have a good day!
    FYIWFG

17 June 2012

Dear Aces,

one of the great things about fly-fishing is how we come to it from different directions. For some it is the beauty of a line looping in the sunset, for others the magic of catching fish with a bit of feathers and string, and for others the electric seconds of exhilaration as they see the fish turn and take the bite ...

For some, it is the friendship and fellowship, the sharing of experiences and stories. I can see that there is something truly special between you and ODC. It's your thing. I admire your closeness, and think it is great that you are so quick and eager to come to his defense. He is lucky to have you. I guess it is a sort of unquestioning friendship we see between the Lone Ranger and Tonto, between the Skipper and Gilligan, and between Fred and Barney ...

Pretty cool. I wish more people could have what you two have together. I wish you the best. Take care.

Frances

Mark

• acesoveracesover Posts: 552 Officer
    I see the same thing between you and Renagade, LOL!!.
    FYIWFG
    Yeah, LOL! Good one!

Frances

Mark