Fly guides jersey shore

kbkeyskbkeys Posts: 691 Officer
Can anyone rec a guide to fish barnegat bay ? Will be in toms river area next fri sun. Will trade keys flats trip as option. Thx 4 your help

Replies

• sparse greysparse grey Posts: 1,751 Captain
    Check out http://www.thebassbarn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13 Local forum for the area, some good people who know the area. Good luck.
    Ron Conner Release the fish, keep the memories. Once a Knight is enough.
  • Ol'DirtyCasterOl'DirtyCaster Posts: 2,282 Captain
    kbkeys wrote: »
    Can anyone rec a guide to fish barnegat bay ? Will be in toms river area next fri sun. Will trade keys flats trip as option. Thx 4 your help

It's been a very long time since I fished that area. There are some excellent mako/bluefin guides out of Lanoka Harbor marina, and the local tuna club (Forked River) throws a mean BBQ most weekends. Let us know how you end up making out.
  • kbkeyskbkeys Posts: 691 Officer
    Haven't gotten a response from anyone up there yet. Still trying. Thanks odc and sparse.
  • Capt.DinoCapt.Dino Posts: 26 Greenhorn
    Contact Gene Quigley ( Shorecatchguide ) or Frank Crescitelli ( finchaser ) Both greeat guy's know & fished w/both of them many time's.
    Thanks to all, going for stripers Friday with capt. Adam out of barnegat inlet. Will report.
    I was contacted by capt. Adam scherer, of shore cast guide service. We set up a trip for Friday eve at 5pm. Ran out thru barnegat inlet in search of live bunker. None around,may have been pushed further off shore. Ran back inside and thru surface plugs along shorelines,creeks, current eddies. Tides were very strong. Not a hit after 2hours , went back to slip. Here's the kicker...he would not even accept money for gas much less any charter charges..this with a yammie 300 to feed. No, we caught nothing, but these few hours fishing were very enjoyable as I'd not been on these waters for about 15 years. Adam's professionalism and knowledge were as thorough as any guide I've fished with.. And that's a bunch. I wound up giving him an islamorada shark fly tourney shirt and cash for a nice dinner.
  • DowntownNashDowntownNash Posts: 182 Officer
    Good on you for still speaking highly of him.
    signature.png
    Easy, the guy's a waterman and a gentleman! Just no bait around that day for the bass to be under.