tortugas june 1st

the weather really messed us up. but we ended up with 30 ars kept 10, muttons, mangs some yellowtail, 35lb cobia, big red grouper, a single mahi, and 1 permit.

Replies

• IndianoutlawIndianoutlaw Posts: 550 Officer
    Looks like a good trip! I was upset that we moved our trip back a day, but I then saw what the weather was like all day Friday. I'll bet you guys took a beating Friday night unless you were able to get close to the Fort overnight. Way to hang in there and get it done. :hail
    P1000022_2.jpg
  • NervousWreckNervousWreck Posts: 29 Greenhorn
    Yeah we intended on sitting on the spot all night like last year but threw them all back thursday evening and went to the fort, it rained all night and the next day. We toughed it out went back there and got a limit on friday, if was 2 to 4 and raining, and headed for Key West. Very bummed, but still gottem. I'm planning to hit it again in July, we'll see how that goes. The dolphin has been slow, I heard the gulf stream is unusually cool slowing the mahi run, but 4 of my friends have all gotten blue marlin this year, go figure.
  • NervousWreckNervousWreck Posts: 29 Greenhorn
    was that you "Indian outlaw" with that sick black? Awesome, i wish!
  • IndianoutlawIndianoutlaw Posts: 550 Officer
    was that you "Indian outlaw" with that sick black? Awesome, i wish!

Not me with the Black, but I got to be the Gaff man on him! It was an exciting five minutes to say the least!
    P1000022_2.jpg