Joining SeaTow, anyone want the credit for referral?

out-castout-cast Posts: 90 Deckhand
Like the title says. First to reply gets it. I'm signing up and figured someone wouldn't mind the referral credit. First to pm me their name and member #.

Replies

• JohnnyBlackJohnnyBlack Posts: 352 Officer
    I would not join Sea Tow, please look into Boat U.S. before you make a bad decision....Sea Tow has treated many of us terribly. There are many threads about it, if the search function is working try and look them up. Just trying to save you from a bad mistake. Get Boat U.S.
    mako-logo.png
  • flatsjunkie88flatsjunkie88 Posts: 1,364 Officer
    I would not join Sea Tow, please look into Boat U.S. before you make a bad decision....Sea Tow has treated many of us terribly. There are many threads about it, if the search function is working try and look them up. Just trying to save you from a bad mistake. Get Boat U.S.

I strongly agree on this one. Nice offer you are doing though.
  • rehartlinerehartline Posts: 742 Officer
    With BoatUS you also get the Spot service for $10 per year.
  • Circle-HookCircle-Hook Posts: 494 Deckhand
    Quick answer- Boat US. My reason is the local operator for Seatow where I boat. I called No Show Seatow from 14 miles out with engine limping along on half the pistions at 4 mph max- he would not come. As it turns out he had all their equipment working BP oil spill and did not have anything but a 16' used ski boat in the area. My family and I made it in- 7 hours later.
    I use "He" because it is normally one person calling shots in local area. Corperate has nothing to do with it when the call comes in. It is the local operator's decision to go or no go based on "safety" (mostly on money). Read the fine print, this is AAA, not the coast guard.
    Long answer: It is all about salvage rights- What these guys want (not corperate) is the phone call that gets them first shot at salvage rights.
    Understand that the boat does not have to be sinking for the captain to claim salvage rights. If at somepoint in the future- the boat could become endangered or threaten wildlife or coastline, they can claim salvage rights.
    Be sure if you have a brand new 75K 23' CC that they can claim salvage rights on- they will show up. If your are in a 3K beater, you better start paddling.
    Maritime law is totally in the captain's favor.

If local captain has good reputation - that is who I would go with or spend the extra few bucks and get both services.
    Have you got a PLB or EPIRB?
  • MenziesMenzies Posts: 19,289 AG
    I have sea tow up here in Jax and have had zero problems with them. They are always cruising the ICW and rivers looking to help. In fact I have not heard of or seen Boat US for years so they may have left the area.
    Maybe if we tell people that the brain is an App, they will start using it.
  • EggsuckindogEggsuckindog Posts: 1,528 Officer
    no problems in tampa
    1976 SeaCraft master Angler - Merc 200 XRi
    dscf1243-1.jpg
  • JimmytalkJimmytalk Posts: 587 Officer
    No problems with Sea Tow in Merrit Island/Titusville. Had to use them once, good experience.

Only thing...tell them to.take off their boots if they board. My guy had.grease on the bottom of his. Took me a week to.get the stains/marks off my deck.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2
  • cambosoup99cambosoup99 Posts: 286 Deckhand
    ive used seatow in pensacola and jacksonville, never had a problem with them either
  • SaltydawgSaltydawg Posts: 1,286 Officer
    Boat us
  • ericjeeperericjeeper Posts: 69 Deckhand
    I opted for Boat US because I fish the salt, as well as lake Michigan. lake Michigan does not have any Sea Tow operations.
  • mtd885mtd885 Posts: 1,159 Officer
    Boat Us surprised me with such a quick response I had just hung up the phone when they called back and told me they would arrive in under 15 minutes and they did!!!