are you ready for some red snapper???

Finally, Tomorrow starts red snapper season. I plan on getting down to pc for some of this next week. However, its gonna be tuesday and wednesday as the fishing days. The forcast is looking worse and worse. Any locals have a gut feeling on this?

Replies

• BeckBeck Posts: 2,332 Captain
    Yep......looks like it going to be kind of sporty. Weekend looks like the best shot......at least for now. Seas about 1-2 on 6 seconds. Tuesday and Wednesday look out of the question and back to 1 foot on Thursday.

I had hoped to make it down, but I have a funeral to attend. The weather is making me feel better about missing the opening.

Good luck and be safe out there.

4b752a0b-1944-2915.jpg

Sent from my Jet Pack using Tapatalk 2
  • Split ShotSplit Shot Posts: 6,146 Admiral
    :huh
  • mahiwahimahiwahi Posts: 180 Officer
    Here goes another 5am Saturday launch.

Hopefully it's a better trip than last weekend. I had a total dufus moment last weekend. Wife and I went camping at the state park and I was in and out of the water all weekend. As I arrived at the ramp late Saturday afternoon I was meet with a little girl on a bike who has flagging me down. Apparently while in tow from the campsite to the ramp one of my rods with a king rig has snagged a tree limb. In a mess of traffic I jump out of my jeep and look back to fine one the Okuma 65s spooled down to the knot with 300 yards of power pro all the way back into the camping area. Next thing I know I'm frantically running, reeling, dodging all kinds of traffic to get my line back. Embarrassed as hell I ran and reeled all the way back into where the first several camp sites where until I got it all back.

It happens...I guess :driver::backpeddling:signs:facepalm
    Beck That graph was real small last night. :)

I sorry you couldn't join the madness this weekend.

Mahi: good hustle getting your line back! I'm also a believer in sharp hooks! :funnypost

I should be in line with you if your putting in at the City Marina.

edit: BTW it's been raining off and on this morning. There were die hard boaters launching Thurs. afternoon and some heading off last night.
    Split, yeah, I noticed it was small and reposted it larger. Like I said, I hate to miss it too. I had been prepping the boat for a couple weeks......oh well.

Mahi, I have done that before pulling in the drive, but never spooled one. Ha! I did go with a buddy to PSJ last year. I left the VHF antenna up on my TTop.......crunch! That pissed me off and cost me $150 for the mount and antenna.......not to mention 3 hours to run it all back thru the TTop pipes.

Well if it helps, my new saltist has not shown up this morning and I'm starting to feel a fit building up with this company. :Angry

deep breaths :chill
    They sent an email for an apology that it was out of stock and they'd do the best to get out Monday morn. but the reel arrived this morning! :banana
    This thing is a beast! :-) WOW
    Which model.....been thinking of giving one a try

dbl Post
    Saltist 6000 :)

Going to look at rods this afternoon. :banana
  • KayakMacGyverKayakMacGyver Posts: 1,001 Officer
    Mahi, there must have been something in the air last weekend because I lost an entire spool of power pro to the oak trees on my way home from city marina Saturday. Lots of low trees in the cove going towards my house, and I learned the hard way that I cant leave rods in the holders on my new boat. A penn Spinfisher 7500 ...spooled. Only knew what had happened after I heard the snap.
    They Can't Us "You Should Have Been There Yesterday"...........Because We Were!
  • red010480red010480 Posts: 304 Deckhand
    ok, well gonna head down wednesday and plan on fishing thursday and friday. Friday deffinately looks better than thursday but ya gotta do what ya gotta do! Anyone else planning on catching them that day??
  • donald811donald811 Posts: 479 Officer
    I had a buddy send down a "GoPro" camera on a fishin line Sat. Neet dang youtube vidio. Anybody recon they can tell me how to post it? I'm computer stupid ya know!:shrug
    Life is a lot simpler when you plow around the stump.
    donald811 wrote: »
    I had a buddy send down a "GoPro" camera on a fishin line Sat. Neet dang youtube vidio. Anybody recon they can tell me how to post it? I'm computer stupid ya know!:shrug

Just copy and paste the link

• mahiwahimahiwahi Posts: 180 Officer
    Mahi, there must have been something in the air last weekend because I lost an entire spool of power pro to the oak trees on my way home from city marina Saturday.

I don't feel so bad now :)

**** Trees! Burn them all down :P
    Gonna see if this works.
    That was pretty cool!
    He tied a weight to it on the second one, it bounces a little. That bottom is bout 18 mi. from the pass.
    Sweet......I need to look at one of those go pro cameras.

• red010480red010480 Posts: 304 Deckhand
    Anyone else gonna give it a go thursday or friday?
  • SpineymanSpineyman Posts: 7,933 Admiral
    donald811 wrote: »
    Gonna see if this works.

Wow I'm seasick now from the raising of the camera.
    Kayak Rookie...and loving it.
    Fishing beautiful Destin / Ft Walton Beach area!

II Chronicles 7:14
    if My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land.

Spineyman wrote: »
    Wow I'm seasick now from the raising of the camera.

Glad to see you back on the forum George.

• SpineymanSpineyman Posts: 7,933 Admiral
    Beck wrote: »
    Glad to see you back on the forum George.

Thanks, been here the whole time just not posting. Are you ready to do some fishing down E Beach? W for you...
    Kayak Rookie...and loving it.
    Fishing beautiful Destin / Ft Walton Beach area!

II Chronicles 7:14
    if My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land.

Spineyman wrote: »
    Thanks, been here the whole time just not posting. Are you ready to do some fishing down E Beach? W for you...

Ready! Just a few more weeks and I will be down!