Long awaited products from YaKAttack have arrived.......

Lt.FireDogLt.FireDog Posts: 1,112 Officer
Yep, two long awaited additions to the YakAttack line-up are finally here...the FullBack and Rigging Bullet will allow you to install the Mighty Mount and GearTrac in areas that don't allow inner-hull access and give you a sturdy backing which will result in a rock solid mounting point for just about anything you can think of; outriggers, rod holders for offshore trolling rods, downriggers, etc.

Can't wait to give these a try on some upcoming installs on the Ocean Kayak Ultra 4.7, Trident 13 & my son's Scrambler 11...let the rigging commence! icon_thumright.gif

Here's a video from Luther explaining both the FullBack & Rigging Bullet (segment one)-

Replies

• bonitabobbonitabob Posts: 675 Officer
    So, the rigging bullett is bad ***! I don't know why it took so long to invent that, but leave it to Luther!
  • FrisbeeFrisbee Posts: 2,315 Officer
    I looked at the choices at the end of the video to see if the "next" video was one of them...and it wasn't? So how do the rigging bullets work?
    I used the old rigging bullets to mount my scotty stuff on the Hobies' and it did lock down the mounts so you think you could lift the yak up by the mounts. But this was back when Luther offered to let some of us have some of the backplates and rigging bullets as beta testers. Those rigging bullets were usable but Luther asked for feedback so I told him a couple of issues that I had when trying to use the OLD rigging bullets and he said he was aware of the flaws in them and how my concerns were his and others concerns and he was re-designing them before they went into production.
    So I'd be interested to see what his final solution was.
    Even with the old rigging bullets the "project" only took about 10 minutes (once all the tools were gathered) for a complete novice to do, and do right. I have the impression that the mounts are as good as if they had been manufactured into the yak when these backing plates are used.
  • Lt.FireDogLt.FireDog Posts: 1,112 Officer
    Luther (with daughter as producer) just made the video the other night, so I would expect that the next one should be posted soon.
  • Lt.FireDogLt.FireDog Posts: 1,112 Officer
    Just got off the phone with Luther, he just shot the install video last night, editing today and should be posted on YouTube tonight. Will show the actual install of a Mighty Mount using the Rigging Bullet & FullBack, I expect that parts of the video will be shot from inside the Tarpon 120 also.