Fly line recommendations???

FlyslingerFlyslinger Posts: 10 Greenhorn
I've been thinking about getting clear tip fly line for my 8 wt. Mainly to target spooky reds and snook. Just wanted to get some input on any recommendations from people who have experience with the line.

Replies

• Ol'DirtyCasterOl'DirtyCaster Posts: 2,259 Captain
    There was a pretty good thread on it a few weeks back. Saltybum came by and tried a few different clear lines in the lake behind the house, I'm pretty sure the cortland liquid PE was his fav.

Here's a link to the thread.
    http://forums.floridasportsman.com/showthread.php?53585-More-clear-line-questions
  • ShadowcastShadowcast Posts: 1,011 Officer
    Monic FST redfish taper. I have been using it for years and love having an all clear floating line.
    Capt. Jon Bull
    Shadowcast Charters
    Ankona Boats Sales Rep
    2018 Tavernier 17.....Coming Soon!!
    www.shadowcastcharters.com
  • saltybumsaltybum Posts: 1,565 Captain
    Cortland Liquid is on the way as I type.
    I also have Teeny 200 which is intermediate clear tip which is ok for deeper water than 18" and shorter casts.

Bill...email me that shot of my first fly rod bass on the Liquid that day. Thanks
  • Ol'DirtyCasterOl'DirtyCaster Posts: 2,259 Captain
    saltybum wrote: »
    Cortland Liquid is on the way as I type.
    I also have Teeny 200 which is intermediate clear tip which is ok for deeper water than 18" and shorter casts.

Bill...email me that shot of my first fly rod bass on the Liquid that day. Thanks

Okeedokee.
  • FlyslingerFlyslinger Posts: 10 Greenhorn
    Thanks for the info. I somehow seemed to miss that earlier thread. I'll take a look at the Cortland Liquid.