Yamaha rant any factory reps around.

To make a short story long, I bought a new salt water series 150 in Feb. of 98. After just a few short years, on a trip down to Flamingo (180 mi. roundtrip) the darn motor wouldn't start. The mosquitos were so thick, I barely had time to get the boat back on the trailer before being sucked dry. No way could you stand around and figure out what the problem was. Take it back to the dealer and it turns out to be the kill switch has rotted out. Here we are 10 years later. Take my little sweetie down to Flamingo for a liitle snapper fishing. Get to the ramp ju:huhst after sun up. Drop the boat in the water while staring down the buzzards. Guess what? The darn motor won't crank again. Mosquitos AND sandflies are both having a field day on us. Lucky to be able to get the boat back on the trailer while we still had a little blood left. (Had to stop at the hospital on the way home to get a transfusion.} Get home, and guess what rotted out again? another kill switch. At this point, I think Yamaha owes me big time. How many millonsdo you think I should ask for? Lots of luck Capt George the voice of experience

Replies

• Auburn1Auburn1 Posts: 36 Deckhand
    Sounds like Yamaha should buy you a new McMansion on the Gables Waterway to offset your trouble.
  • Captain BackyardCaptain Backyard Posts: 433 Deckhand
    How about crank it up at home the night before to make sure it's running cappy?
  • hardwayhardway Posts: 113 Deckhand
    Auburn 1, That seems like a more than fair offer and I would be happy to accept it. Capt. Backyard If you run the boat every week, there should be no need to crank the motor the nite before and wake up your 85 yr. old next door home owner. Now, if you only use the boat every month or two, that might be good advice. Lots of luck Capt George the voice of experience P.S. Its a rainey day or I would be gone instead of playing on the comp.
  • Lucky7Team2Lucky7Team2 Posts: 6,794 Officer
    10 years later? Really? You don't feel 10 years is an adequate amount of time for it to last? This is a joke right?
  • hardwayhardway Posts: 113 Deckhand
    I sure hope it would be taken that way. If we can,t get a good laugh in once in a while, we are in a hell of a fix. Capt Geore the voice of experience
  • BobberBobber Posts: 887 Officer
    I'd say $35,000,000 would be an agreeable figure to most any jury......
  • HialeahAnglerHialeahAngler Posts: 9,612 Admiral
    you should at least start your boat the day before going allll the way to flamingo. capt jorge, the voice of experience.
    friedpeacocks.jpg
  • ChuddybuckrivetChuddybuckrivet Posts: 3,156 Officer
    you should at least start your boat the day before going allll the way to flamingo. capt jorge, the voice of experience.

Agreed.

BTW if it happens again, its fairly simple to bypass the killswitch in a pinch.