Skip to main content
Home General Hunting

1-2 openings on small QDM lease is SW GA

ProFISHentProFISHent Posts: 731 Officer
The low down is I started a small lease with buddies last year (only 3 of us) on a small farm piece in SW georgia (very close to the town of edision if you would like to see the area). This year we decided 4 people would be better at $1,050 a person. Its open to deer and turkey and there are a few hogs (not many AT ALL). There are a TON of deer, the later the season the better it gets. Me and one guy hunted opening day of turkey this year and shot 3 from 2-4 years old with beards from 8-11 inches and spurs from 1.1-1.6 inches. All surrounding properties do not hunt turkey so they are not pressured. I JUST had someone drop out when they promised to have the money to me by last week and I promised farmer it would be to him. SO Here it goes

we pay for 350 acres but its definitively bigger. I feel we pay for the farmed portion of the land not the woods.

If you are looking for a lease to slaughter deer don't waste my or your time. It will be 4 or 5 does a person MAX to keep numbers good.

If you like shooting small bucks and don't mind saying you thought it was bigger don't waste your or my time. It will be an 8 pt or better at the ears rule WITH special circumstances since there are some massively tall deer in the area that don't meet width standards. NO basket racks, NO baby bucks. I am not asking people to pass on mature good bucks but I am asking to pass on super young bucks that have GREAT potential. If you are looking for meat shoot some does.

This lease will be available in hunting season ONLY. Not for joyriding off season.

There is a camp house but we share it with the neighboring lease who run the house and were nice enough to allow my group to stay there since I have known them for a while. Its a NO FRILLS house. SUPER old. Homemade bunks in it but has AC, hot water, fridge, microwave, etc. etc.

I will add some pictures of just a VERY small number of trail camera pics.

My email is [email protected] if your interested, if you want to know about me I am 26 yrs. old married with a 2 year old son. All I do is outdoor stuff. Fish, hunt, spearfish, frog gig, gator hunt, etc. I am laid back and love hunting with new guys and am more than happy to show the ropes. I am currently BACK in school for EMT. I am a registered fireman but let my credentials expire before I got hired so I am back in school. I will be completely honest with any and everyone and EXPECT the same.

Replies

• ProFISHentProFISHent Posts: 731 Officer
    And here are some pics of deer killed on the lease OR the neighboring properties LAST YEAR
    Here is a decent size field that was planted in sorghum last year and produced all season long. I saw an ABSOLUTE stud out there at 175 yards last year and couldn't get a steady shot (shooting rail too low, it was the first hunt out of the new stand) I watched him for 5-7 minutes from 150-350 yards he was every bit of 150 inches.

d50a748e.jpg

c72f72d6.jpg

1597c5a8.jpg
  • ScoutboatScoutboat Posts: 2,569 Captain
    Couldn't open your e-mail address.
    Send me more info (how many stands, ground or shooting houses) at [email protected]
    Jim
    Can't see what u said. There's a gander mountain poster over post....... Fvck this forum
  • vlcmsrfrvlcmsrfr Tallahassee, JupiterPosts: 215 Deckhand
    Nice bucks. Pm sent
    vlcmsrfr just sent you back one.
    scoutboat, sending out the rules to you right now.

In answering your question I am not sure of the number of everything. I think there is 3 two mans, one elevated tower blind, one ground blind that used to be a tower blind but legs broke in a storm so we chopped them off and used it as a good ground blind with a tin roof for hunting in the rain, there are a number of single man ladders. I bring my climber with me and use it in new areas I think might be productive, if I see deer on the spots time and time again I note the spot and put a permanent stand up whenever I have one available. The stands up there now are pretty much all my stands with the exception of a few one of our members last year bought. Everyone is welcome to use all stands (except my climber, that needs to be available for me). I believe one of the members bought some new ones already for this year. You are welcome to bring stands and I will point you into many spots that have a lot of deer but no stands at the time.
  • gottheitch22gottheitch22 fort Meade FLPosts: 4,492 Captain
    Can you bring a guest
    living life as i like
    gottheitch, Guests are allowed with limitations. Im asking that the same guests isnt brought up more than twice. This is to prevent 2 people splitting one membership. There is a fee for them to shoot (50 for does and 75 for bucks) and that money is put right back into the lease. The fee is so people members dont get upset when they do all the work and guests come in and shoot a couple deer in a weekend before some of the members have shot much. The same rules apply to them as members.

If you are interested email me and I will send you a rule list and you can read it over and consider it. This is deffinately going to be a year worth hunting it seeing as what we will have planted and we have had great rain so far up there.
    I have had a ton of interest just no one pulled the trigger yet. Let me remind you there will be a TOTAL (including me) of 4 members. this is a small lease minus all the BS that comes with big leases. Land is GREAT with farmed fields, usually peanuts, corn, sorghum, or cotton. We have running water through our property that does dry up if there is a serious drought but in turkey season there was 3-4 ft of water running in the "creek". There is serious bedding in the bottoms and a lot of thick areas where the deer are comfortable. Plenty of fields if you dont like hunting in the woods its much easier. There are some BIG turkeys on the property, feel free to hunt them too when season comes around. If you are interested, let me know. Its the first 2 people who pay for membership and that will be it for this year.
  • oldscratcholdscratch Posts: 61 Deckhand
  • RexLanRexLan Posts: 868 Officer
    Why allow guest at all ... that seems to be really stupid. If they want to participate they should pay-up like everyone else. Guest gets the full benefit of the lease for a measly $50 - $75 ... think it through.
    Port Charlotte, Florida
    thanks for the tip bud....ill be sure to put it in the compliments and complaints jar
    guys the lease is full. I posted it on the classifieds thread I forgot i even started this one.

Thanks for the tip rexlan, ill be sure to put it in the complaints jar. If you knew anything about leases you would understand 99% of people want to bring someone up. I am just making people thing before they pull the trigger. Most leases allow guests with no charge, some charge A LOT, and some have too many stipulations. I took the middle road, I want people to enjoy themselves but I want members to have first shot.

They absolutely do not get the same benefits. First of all guests cannot come up in the beginning of any season. Second of all they have to wait till everyone else has chosen the stands and they get whats left, third they cant come up whenever they want and the same guest can only come up twice.

The reason allowing guests is a good thing is #1 it promotes advertising. You may need another member or two next season and if they had a good time they will likely join. #2 it allows people to bring close family and friends. Yes they may shoot a deer or two off the property but the point of this lease, and most leases is to HAVE FUN. This isn't about who's is bigger and getting antler envy when someone shoots one bigger. #3 I don't like people hunting up there alone, if something happens there needs to be a second person up there to help the 1st.

a lot of times the guest thing is a way for the lease "runner" or president to meet someone and see their attitude and see if they would get along with the rest of the lease before they have to spend a whole year with them. It works out for everyone. Will it **** members off on most leases when a guests shoots a big buck? Sure. Jealousy is an ugly thing. People need to spend less time *****ing about others and get in the woods.
  • AllenRAllenR Posts: 2,702 Captain
    I try to take a guest every time i go to the woods. Cuts expenses, gives some company and a good safety measure

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
  • flydownflydown Posts: 6,464 Admiral
    RexLan wrote: »
    Why allow guest at all ... that seems to be really stupid. If they want to participate they should pay-up like everyone else. Guest gets the full benefit of the lease for a measly $50 - $75 ... think it through.

Please explain how a guest gets the full benefit of a lease? The last time I checked, going up for a weekend of hunting is far from it. To me, there is a lot more to belonging to a hunting club than merely killing something.
    DYING for me was the most HE could do. LIVING for HIM is the least I can do
    thanks for the tip bud....ill be sure to put it in the compliments and complaints jar

I have a better suggestion where you can put your attitude ... bud
    Port Charlotte, Florida
    flydown wrote: »
    Please explain how a guest gets the full benefit of a lease? The last time I checked, going up for a weekend of hunting is far from it. To me, there is a lot more to belonging to a hunting club than merely killing something.

So are you now talking about a hunting club or are you addressing OP's original 4 people paying $4,000 for the right to hunt the guys land and your "guest" paying $75?

Did I miss something?
    Port Charlotte, Florida
    ProFISHent wrote: »
    guys the lease is full. I posted it on the classifieds thread I forgot i even started this one.

Thanks for the tip rexlan, ill be sure to put it in the complaints jar. If you knew anything about leases you would understand 99% of people want to bring someone up. I am just making people thing before they pull the trigger.

You are correct other than you need to stuff the attitude in your "jar". My take is that you really know nothing about hunting or outdoors.

Certainly most folks want to hunt with a buddy ... then they should pay a fair share to do so, else why be a member of the lease? That seems very simple.

You pay a share at $1000. Your buddy pays $75 ... seems odd to me, but then I would never pay to hunt in the first place.

I lived in Alaska for 38 years and never paid to hunt. It must be a sad state if this is the need today.

Have a nice "hunt" and so long .... geeze
    Port Charlotte, Florida
    RexLan wrote: »
    So are you now talking about a hunting club or are you addressing OP's original 4 people paying $4,000 for the right to hunt the guys land and your "guest" paying $75?

Did I miss something?

Hunting club, lease, etc... My point was that as a guest, you are not getting all the benefits of leasing land for hunting purposes no matter how you slice it. Like Allen said, I prefer to take a guest hunting with me for, but not limited to, sharing gas costs, safety, bonding, and someone to help drag.

Believe it or not, some of us actually enjoy another persons company.
  • down4dacountdown4dacount Posts: 2,598 Captain
    flydown wrote: »
    someone to help drag.

:rotflmao
    I can help you out with them pesky turkeys :rotflmao:machinegun
    ShotKam Pro Staff
    Full moons make me crazy and I go out and kill deer . Come to think all moon phases do that to me
    Check out my videos http://www.youtube.com/user/Down4dacount1?feature=mhee
    [IMG][/img]
    :rotflmao
    I can help you out with them pesky turkeys :rotflmao:machinegun

You don't have to drag turkeys, Ray. They fit nicely in the back of my vest. My luck killing them, however, is a drag!