Memorial Day

Is anyone making big plans for the holiday?

I hope to be on the water Sat. and Sunday then plan on having a get together cook out Monday with friends and family.

God bless all those that have served! :USA:USA:USA

Replies

• KayakMacGyverKayakMacGyver Posts: 1,005 Officer
    I've got a new to me boat sitting in the driveway with a "free" full tank of fuel.....and I have to move this weekend!

Granted, I'm moving two blocks up the road, but moving sucks nonetheless, especially with as much crap as we have. Will be glad to get it over with before snapper season though.

Good luck to those who go!
    They Can't Us "You Should Have Been There Yesterday"...........Because We Were!
  • KayakMacGyverKayakMacGyver Posts: 1,005 Officer
    Oh and keep your eyes PEELED for drunken idiots out there! I plucked a drunken dummy out of the water in the middle of the pass who jumped out of his sailboat to save his boat hook, leaving his equally drunken and incompetent friend to man the wheel (it was his first time on a sailboat.) when I brought him towards his boat, he jumped off my bow and swam 20 yards to it in a ripping current rather then letting me bring him to it . I hope he feels Half as lucky as he was. That pass was JAM packed with alot of high speed boaters who never even saw him...
    They Can't Us "You Should Have Been There Yesterday"...........Because We Were!
  • BeckBeck Posts: 2,332 Captain
    It looks like Saturday will be an awesome day.

1' with a 7 second interval......Nice!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1337910978.503605.jpg

I wish I was headed down, but I guess I will wait until Snapper and Grouper open up that first week of July. So, I think I will pull some of last seasons Grouper fillets out of the freezer and fry them up! I have a new 2 gallon electric fryer I have been itching to use anyway.

I did clean the boat up this evening. I was thinking about going to the lake this weekend, but it's the lake the latest case of flesh eating bacteria came from. I am not usually one to worry about that sort of thing but the CDC says today.....no need to panic, but if you get in the water, make sure all cuts are covered well with waterproof bandages.....hmmm, as I look at my little girls scraped knee, and all the scrapes on my hand from working on the boat and the yard, maybe I will just stay home.

The wife has to work on Monday so it will just be me and my little girl for the holiday.

.....and oh yeah Kayak, moving does suck! It sucks even more with a new boat sitting in the drive with a full tank of fuel. Good luck with it.

Sent from my Jet Pack using Tapatalk 2
  • Panhandler80Panhandler80 Posts: 8,028 Moderator
    Beck... I don't blame you one bit, man. I for one don't give the CDC or any other do-gooder GVT ackrhronym much thought, but that stuff would give me the creeps just a bit.

Saturday's weather is still questionable... at least in my opinion. I sure hope to be out there on Sat as I do feel that will be the best day. HOwver, for me, there are still lots LOTS of variables. Boat issues, recently married (there go my hobbies, right?!) and her birthday is tomorrow. Not only that, but it's hard to find a crew and I really don't feel like burning a ton of fuel with only a few folks on board. Problem is... can't invite folks until Cummins and I go through the boat tomorrow morning.

Sigh...

Perhaps it's one of those weekends where you just do the family / island / burger / beer / sunburn thing and live with it. Really not too bad of an option, is it!!!!?
    "Whatcha doin' in my waters?"
  • BeckBeck Posts: 2,332 Captain
    Beck... I don't blame you one bit, man. I for one don't give the CDC or any other do-gooder GVT ackrhronym much thought, but that stuff would give me the creeps just a bit.

Saturday's weather is still questionable... at least in my opinion. I sure hope to be out there on Sat as I do feel that will be the best day. HOwver, for me, there are still lots LOTS of variables. Boat issues, recently married (there go my hobbies, right?!) and her birthday is tomorrow. Not only that, but it's hard to find a crew and I really don't feel like burning a ton of fuel with only a few folks on board. Problem is... can't invite folks until Cummins and I go through the boat tomorrow morning.

Sigh...

Perhaps it's one of those weekends where you just do the family / island / burger / beer / sunburn thing and live with it. Really not too bad of an option, is it!!!!?

Yeah....it does give me the creeps. Something about a bacteria that eats your flesh to the point they have to amputate a limb. The second guy from GA that got it, got it in the groin area. They removed over 2 lbs. of rotted flesh from his groin......

.....as for your hobbies going after marriage, it looks like you chose well. Your new bride likes to fish too! Besides, you loose your hobbies when the kids come.

.....and the family / island / burger / beer / sunburn thing sounds pretty good to me. We have owned a house at Santa Rosa Beach since I was born 40 years ago. I miss it down there......too bad work is up here!

Sent from my Jet Pack using Tapatalk 2
  • Split ShotSplit Shot Posts: 6,177 Admiral
    Beck wrote: »
    Yeah....it does give me the creeps. Something about a bacteria that eats your flesh to the point they have to amputate a limb. The second guy from GA that got it, got it in the groin area. They removed over 2 lbs. of rotted flesh from his groin......

Have a friend that lives on one of the large sandhill ponds and recently lost both his Shepard dogs at the same time to a bacteria in the lake. No way in he11 I'm going. Needless to say his house is up for sale.
  • pinseekerpinseeker Posts: 61 Greenhorn
    Glad I don't live neer them sandhill ponds you mentioned!!!
    Which dang pond man?!?!?! Will have to double make sure no holes in the waders this fall.
  • Split ShotSplit Shot Posts: 6,177 Admiral
    LEISURE LAKES