Inshore "Bay" Bite seems off this year

Is anybody else experiencing the same thing this year. Normally I go out either to East or West Bay and within a short period we are on fish. We have several spots in both bays over the past years which always will produce fish. This year it has been really off. Not hitting fish and now going after different areas to try to find and have not found yet. Same in St. Joe as well.

Replies

• Sam HSam H Posts: 279 Officer
    Give Capt. Chaz Heller a call. He might be able to give you some insight.
  • donald811donald811 Posts: 479 Deckhand
    Hit West Bay back in march, not much then either.:shrug
    Life is a lot simpler when you plow around the stump.
  • Panhandler80Panhandler80 Posts: 8,038 Moderator
    I have done zero bay fishing this year. I believe that it might be a bit off though considering the winter we had. I doubt fish moved in mass at any point this spring, so you probably had a handful doing the spring thing while most were doing winter, and then that handful of spring fish went to summer while the winter fish did spring, etc.

If I had to guess you have way more fish doing a mid to late summer routine than you would ordinarily. Best chance for success is probably going to be first and last light and if you can pair that up with the first couple hours after a peak tide, then you should have some success. I have always preferred a falling tide.
    "Whatcha doin' in my waters?"
  • RedhunterRedhunter Posts: 435 Deckhand
    I do appreciate the replies. Normally catching on incoming before the level off. This year been on the high or drop stage. Might be the difference. Going to hit it again the weekend and see how we do. Definitely hitting a ramp which mostly local use this weekend. The others will have plenty of idiots dumping in.