Pizza on the grill

BeckBeck Posts: 2,332 Captain
With the talk of pizza on the grill lately, and the nice weather we have had here lately, I we decided it would be a nice night for drinks on the porch and pizza on the grill with friends.

I fired up the bread machine and made two double batches of crust dough.....that's enough for 6 medium sized pizzas.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1336915133.662662.jpg

It was make your own night......all the fixings.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1336915193.535247.jpg

Here are a few of the finished product.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1336915245.006671.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1336915260.160262.jpg

Sent from my Jet Pack using Tapatalk 2

Replies

• dolfanjoeydolfanjoey Posts: 1,173 Officer
    Looks good.
  • ruskinredneckruskinredneck Posts: 1,121 Officer
    **** good. I want one- sausage, pepperoni and black olives! Please.
  • MiamipescadorMiamipescador Posts: 696 Officer
    WOW, just made my mouth water.
  • FlashFlash Posts: 11,120 AG
    Not bad. I am still trying to perfect the pizza in the oven using a Pizza Stone.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Never seem more learned than the people you are with. Wear your learning like a pocket watch and keep it hidden. Do not pull it out to count the hours, but give the time when you are asked. --- Lord Chesterfield
  • BeckBeck Posts: 2,332 Captain
    Thanks guys!

Flash wrote: »
    Not bad. I am still trying to perfect the pizza in the oven using a Pizza Stone.

Flash, the key to me is to turn the oven up as high as it will go.....I think mine does 550 or 600. Place the stone on the lowest rack. On the grill, I get it up around 700 degrees. A good crust dough and a hot stone is the key to a nice crispy outside and chewy inside crust.

Cooking these, the grill was hot enough to crack my stone.
  • FlashFlash Posts: 11,120 AG
    I think we need more help with making it rounder. :grin

What sauce do you like?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Never seem more learned than the people you are with. Wear your learning like a pocket watch and keep it hidden. Do not pull it out to count the hours, but give the time when you are asked. --- Lord Chesterfield
  • BeckBeck Posts: 2,332 Captain
    Flash wrote: »

I think we need more help with making it rounder. :grin

What sauce do you like?

I make my own sauce.

Pretty simple......just some good tomato sauce with Italian seasoning, garlic powder and olive oil.......about a tablespoon or so of each. Often I use tomato purée since it is a bit thicker.

If you can find it, 6 in 1 ground tomatoes is good. It's what most restaurants use, and is a very sweet tomato. I have to order it so most of the time I stick with what I can find in the stores......but it is well worth it.

http://www.plummarket.com/home/6-in-1-ground-tomatoes-28oz.html?p_id=11949&utm_source=google+product&utm_medium=winefeed&utm_term=078485100102&utm_campaign=food+beverages+tobacco+food+items+fruits+vegetables+canned+beans&utm_content=6+in+1+ground+tomatoes+28oz&v_traceback=c0409_0220_f0409_0843

As for making the dough rounder, when it's hard to work, too elastic, cover it with a wet paper towel and let it rest for 15 minutes and try again.