St. Johns river bass fishing

anyone have any advice about fishing the st. johns where when how what??

Replies

• Bass2bucksBass2bucks Posts: 653 Officer
    Where about in the river? I've been fishing it every weekend for about 3 weeks now.
  • GrillaGGrillaG Posts: 1,259 Officer
    St. Johns river is the bass fishing capital of the world. Anywhere from the Buckman bridge south can be good.
    Shiners, rubber worms and topwater plugs(chug bug).
  • waterman944waterman944 Posts: 15 Greenhorn
    Ive never fished it and heard it is very difficult at times, any good spots to start ?
  • GrillaGGrillaG Posts: 1,259 Officer
    Dr.s Inlet
  • MacDocMacDoc Posts: 40 Greenhorn
    I have had success south of Astor. Shiners along river banks and lures working the mouth and into Alexander Creek and a tributary south of it. Got into stripers once at the second creek throwing little crappie jigs just off the mouth of the outflow.

• RealSeabeeRealSeabee Posts: 577 Officer
    Where on the St Johns are you fishing??  I can speak from Econ to Lake Monroe, including Harney and Mullet Lake.  I dont fish Jessup much but do have buddies and reports from over there.  So, where at on the St Johns River?
    When Practice meets opportunity, Set-The-Hook!
  • WetBanditWetBandit Posts: 38 Greenhorn
    Well I'll chime in I guess.  I happen to be moving to Jacksonville in a couple weeks for a job.  Will be fishing on foot until I can get settled and find a choice opportunity to pick up a yak or a jon boat.

I'd be interested in 'backyard spots' and I will also drive a couple hours to the holy grail if there is one.

Any suggestions?
  • Troutman1956Troutman1956 JacksonvillePosts: 7 Greenhorn
    I like to fish the Ocklawaha and Welaka chain.Shiners and Zoom watermelon worms is the bomb