Electronics Installation

2»

Replies

• swkowboy wrote: »
    If they have so many problems, how are they still in business?

Great question but marketing is one reason. They sell you bs and then use you for research and development. My radar has malfuctioned many times and been repaired twice, the bottom machine will lock up 2-9 times in a day of fishing and it has been replaced 3 times( they wanted me to wait 4 weeks for the last one and I sent an employee to the CEO's door on a Sunday morning and things were handled the next day) and the GPS recently has been spending up to 45 minutes to find itself while my North Star boots right up. Just to mention a few.
  • Let's Go AmigoLet's Go Amigo Posts: 2,321 Captain
    Great question but marketing is one reason. They sell you bs and then use you for research and development. My radar has malfuctioned many times and been repaired twice, the bottom machine will lock up 2-9 times in a day of fishing and it has been replaced 3 times( they wanted me to wait 4 weeks for the last one and I sent an employee to the CEO's door on a Sunday morning and things were handled the next day) and the GPS recently has been spending up to 45 minutes to find itself while my North Star boots right up. Just to mention a few.

****, that's bs. I hope I didn't get myself something i will regret. Time will tell.
  • swkowboy wrote: »
    ****, that's bs. I hope I didn't get myself something i will regret. Time will tell.

Bottom machine locked up 11 times today. Still no excuse for the marginal day. Current was ripping! Managed a 30 lbs plus grey and a few scamps mostly caught while the POShiz was locked up!! You can bet the crap will make you a better bottom fisherman!! LOL.
  • WildLinesWildLines Posts: 550 Officer
    swkowboy wrote: »
    If they have so many problems, how are they still in business?

Ray gives the OEM's awesome deals and that is why you see much of it factory installed, same reason you see so many Cat motors in diesel boats.

Furuno is commercail grade product sold to the recreational boater.
2»