4/26 offshore report

Lemme start by saying its a dead bait bite through and through. We ran out to 115 and fished two spots 10 of the 24 coming off of the last hole of the day. We fished 6 guys and did fairly well on dine/squid combo mixed with butter flied pig fish, pin fish, and sand perch.

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=27.459380,-82.586320
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk rem dat son !
Captain Anthony Leverett of Kingdom Business Charter's.

Replies

• flatsrunnaflatsrunna Posts: 524 Officer
    467e693b-adf3-ca01.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk rem dat son !
  • sagorysagory Posts: 614 Officer
    Nice cooler full. We fished the same depth yesterday and had similar results. Nice job. Sure was a nice day out there!
  • flatsrunnaflatsrunna Posts: 524 Officer
    Been a pretty good red grouper bite of late hope it holds up

• Reel-LuckyReel-Lucky Oldsmar, FLPosts: 2,949 Moderator
    Hmmph, this report snuck right by me, great catch Runna, 24 keepers is an outstanding day.
  • CaptainBlyCaptainBly Posts: 1,919 Captain
    On our trip it was all live bait. Squirrels, grunts, and pins were favored over sardines but I don't think we ever even tried dead bait because the livies were getting hammered. Once mangos started showing up I tried to put down a frozen dine and it got nibbled to bone but I didn't resize from my grouper gear so that wasn't totally unexpected. I think the two mangos we did get were caught on live though.
    In Loving Memory of James Zielske, January 19, 1957-July 5, 2013
  • bigfinn35bigfinn35 Posts: 525 Officer
    I usually use both types. After the chumbag is in, I start out with a squid/dine or minnow combo. That lets the grunts and little guys tear it up some and get more scent in the water. After I catch a few grouper on dead stuff, That's when the live pinfish and cigar minnows come out. Usually the first ones to bite the livies are either the biggest or smallest ones of the day. Great report either way, wish I could get that far out.
    Paddle faster, I hear banjo music.