Saturday 4/28 Cobia Trip

Sight fished the beach today. Went 4/5 on fish that we got to eat, saw a few more, mostly free swimmers.

One 60+ and one 50+ came home with us.

IMG_0929.jpg

Sunday's pictures on page 2
Shut Up and Fish

Replies

• Slug-OSlug-O Posts: 3,016 Captain
    Omg!!!
    USCG Licensed and Insured Charter Capt. PRIME TIME CHARTERS 904-591-8906 ICW and Back Waters fishing. Palmvalleycharters.com
  • knotenoughknotenough Posts: 936 Officer
    That is what my wife said!! OMG!!!

I will be heading out in the AM for some bottom bumping with the kids and then back inshore to see if we can find these Cobia that everyone is talking about.
  • MaverickMaverick Posts: 714 Officer
    knotenough wrote: »
    That is what my wife said!! OMG!!!

I will be heading out in the AM for some bottom bumping with the kids and then back inshore to see if we can find these Cobia that everyone is talking about.

Good Luck! Keep them eyes peeled!

We also ran into probably a 10 foot hammerhead. Wish we woulda gotten a picture. Tied on one of our shark rigs real quick and threw a pogy at him..he chased it down but the pogy managed to stay just on top of his head...HILARIOUS. Dunno what we woulda done had we got a hook in him...he was huge.
    Shut Up and Fish
    I think I saw him wendsday in the rip or his mother!!!
    USCG Licensed and Insured Charter Capt. PRIME TIME CHARTERS 904-591-8906 ICW and Back Waters fishing. Palmvalleycharters.com
  • knotenoughknotenough Posts: 936 Officer
    Leon,

Hollar at us tomorrow if you see us. Fighting yellow 23 ft Key West CC with a small tower on it. Good luck out there!

Stephen
    Thanks will do..
  • Full CircleFull Circle Posts: 65 Greenhorn
    Great job on those fish! Nothing as cool as watching a big shark cruising around you. He didnt want a pogie, he wanted one of those cobia to eat.
  • SaltwaterMarshSaltwaterMarsh Posts: 266 Officer
    MONSTERS!!! Great Work
  • SeaAnchorSeaAnchor Posts: 254 Deckhand
    Sweet!!!! Lunkers. We missed one free swimmer yesterday. Still good times.

PS Be careful when posting weights of your fish. A certain forum member will take over the thread by saying that they are 35lb maybe and then pics of every cobia he has ever caught to prove himself right...

All I know is that those bad boys are BEEFY!!! Great Job.
    crowder-1.gif
    Put two more in the boat today. Pictures will be uploaded later
    Shut Up and Fish
    Pretty good day. Wind was calmer than yesterday in the AM and was nice and smooth this morning. Saw less fish than yesterday but still boated two quality fish.

Took some more pictures today than yesterday so I hope yall enjoy.

(Date stamp on camera got messed up...all these pictures DID come from today)

BTW these two cobia trips were the first two trips testing out the new tower!
    IMG_0931.jpg

Dad fighting his cobb.
    IMG_0933.jpg

Dads cobia
    IMG_0936.jpg
    IMG_0939.jpg

My fish
    IMG_0941.jpg
    IMG_0942.jpg

IMG_0943.jpg

IMG_0944.jpg
    Shut Up and Fish
  • stottcraftstottcraft Posts: 3 Greenhorn
    Great slobs right there, was out last week didn,t even see a pogie pod, that shows my luck because the pogies are supposed everywhere , sucked A$$
  • RaguRagu Posts: 57 Greenhorn
    That is a real nice looking ride. Great job on the fish too.
  • ColterColter Posts: 237 Deckhand
    Wow you guys killed it over the weekend. Great Job and sweet boat. That tower is awesome!