Skip to main content
Home Northwest General Fishing & The Outdoors

How often are you fishing???

BigfootBigfoot Senior MemberPosts: 9,382 Admiral
With the price of gas, time, family, work, etc was wondering how often everyone fishes>>>

Last year, was I think 7 trips down from the ATL...NONE this year so far...:banghead

Need a Salt fix~!
Sometimes the nicest people you meet are covered in tattoos & sometimes the most judgmental people you meet go to church on Sundays...

Replies

• wippinpostwippinpost Member Posts: 74 Greenhorn
    When I'm not dealing with the things you listed, every chance I get :smoking
  • wishfishinwishfishin Senior Member Posts: 4,080 Captain
    Been to the trout stream twice but none of the salty stuff so far in 2012.
    1268964408215_zps1ab1a85e.gif
  • Nat-LightNat-Light Senior Member PensacolaPosts: 451 Deckhand
    Bigfoot wrote: »
    With the price of gas, time, family, work, etc was wondering how often everyone fishes>>>

Last year, was I think 7 trips down from the ATL...NONE this year so far...:banghead

Need a Salt fix~!

About once a week.
  • Tide-DancerTide-Dancer Senior Member Carrabelle BeachPosts: 1,347 Officer
    2 or 3 times a week when the wind is not blowing.
  • ducknfishducknfish Senior Member St. Marks, FLPosts: 3,821 Officer
    Not often enough. Biggest issues of late have been gas prices and wife's health.
  • Old DogOld Dog Senior Member SE ALPosts: 560 Officer
  • micci_manmicci_man Senior Member Somewhere in FLPosts: 15,001 AG
    I bass fish at least 3 days a week. Only time I get to go to the salt is on invites. One day I'll have a boat so I can go when ever.

Hope the wife gets better Tyler.
    Common Sense can't be bought, taught or gifted, yet it is one of the few things in life that is free, and most refuse to even attempt to possess it. - Miguel Cervantes
  • Team OutlawTeam Outlaw Senior Member Posts: 253 Officer
    I have only been on the flats one time in the past four or so years and it was by choice . I can recall they day well, the Gulf had lost its peacefulness to me that day . Four boats followed me all day ( my fault I am aware ) and it looked like you could walk to dry land by boat from Eagle's nest back to the beach . I boated my limit of Trout, a Cobia and one Red and I have yet to Turn the key on the boat since .
  • fishawkfishawk Senior Member FloridaPosts: 263 Deckhand
    I fish sometimes twice a week. Mostly nearshore (7 miles, or less), and inshore, near Daytona Beach.
    A jerk on one end of the line waiting on a jerk on the other end of the line.
  • JKPJKP Senior Member N. FLPosts: 3,211 Captain
    About once a week.
  • ducknfishducknfish Senior Member St. Marks, FLPosts: 3,821 Officer
    micci_man wrote: »
    I bass fish at least 3 days a week. Only time I get to go to the salt is on invites. One day I'll have a boat so I can go when ever.

Hope the wife gets better Tyler.

Thanks Tommy. It's still the ear, eardrum ruptured again last week. Hopefully I'll be able to give you one of those Saltwater fishing invites before too long.
    If you didn't already have a ride for the bash you do now.
  • skyway andeskyway ande Senior Member St. petePosts: 3,807 Captain
    God, bless you both!...

dang...
    God, save the South!
  • flhookerflhooker Senior Member Homosassa, Fl.Posts: 300 Officer
    I'm down a bit with the gas thing, launch, parking fees, cost of goodies, etc... Making up some time on the water with the kayak. Don't have gas costs nor launch/parking fees to deal with.

NO NEW TAXES PLEASE!!!
  • BakermanBakerman Senior Member Posts: 1,222 Officer
    Maybe once a week average but not actual. I might go between the kayak and the bay boat four times in one weekend. Fishing competes with the crusing kayak groups, shooting, hunting, pistol matches, minor league ball games, a lady or two, and that all consuming activity work. Gas and family responsibiilities aren't too bad for an unsupervised senior empty nester.
    Bakerman formerly known as Bakerman.
  • QuinngfnQuinngfn Senior Member City of St GeorgePosts: 488 Deckhand
    I've been fishing 3 times this year. Just too busy with other things. That, and I had engine problems (erratic lose of power) on the last trip, which hasn't been addressed, yet.
  • BigfootBigfoot Senior Member Posts: 9,382 Admiral
    Glad to see some folks getting out - enjoy! Life is short...
    Sometimes the nicest people you meet are covered in tattoos & sometimes the most judgmental people you meet go to church on Sundays...
  • brotherinlawbrotherinlaw Senior Member Sylvester GAPosts: 3,912 Captain
    1-2 times a month to the flats, very seldom do any fresh water
  • manleymanley Senior Member Wichita Falls, TXPosts: 904 Officer
    Haven't been fishing since last trip to C'belle... 7/4/12, with Bottomline, Tidedance, and FamilyFisher.
    Boat hasn't been in the H20 since Labor day. :(
  • showmanshowman Senior Member Posts: 539 Officer
    I live on a creek bank and yet I rarely wet a hook. Boat hasn't been in the water in 3 months. Can't remember the last time I put saltwater under my hull, Last year sometime, I think. One of these days, one of these days.
  • omegafooomegafoo Senior Member Posts: 3,127 Captain
    1 time in nearly 2 years...

Cleaning up the skiff to fix that though. Going to get some redfishing in VERY soon. Got a couple last turkey hunts first while I'm still working.
  • hooknredshooknreds Senior Member Redfish PointPosts: 2,461 Captain
  • Jolly ManJolly Man Senior Member Posts: 967 Officer
    hooknreds wrote: »

I get to go one to two times a week. I used to like to go offshore but with price of gas and season restrictions it has gotten to be a bigger headache than it is worth. I am sadly not skilled enough to catch my limit each time to make it worth the work. I have been fishing flats mostly with pretty good results. FWIW I saw a few scallops on the east flats out of St. Marks.
    The only thing we can do is play on the one string we have, and that is our attitude... I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it. - Charles Swindoll
  • charlie tunacharlie tuna Senior Member Posts: 730 Officer
    I try to go redfishing when i have the right moon phase and not on the weekend.
  • illinoisfishermanillinoisfisherman Senior Member Posts: 5,573 Admiral
    Not enough but as often as we can. The 4 yo grandson is quite the fisherman. Waves only make him laugh. "Find bigger waves Grandpa" I heard it so much I just could not believe it. No one had to bait him up. He surprised all of us when he went to the livewell grabbed the biggest pinfish we had, hooked it through the lips and sent it down himself!

Memories like that are priceless. I just love to fish with family and friends. I'll take those memories to the grave with me. Money will have to be left behind. What is more important?
  • plumbbobplumbbob Senior Member Posts: 791 Officer
    I don't get to go as much as I would like. But, have been twice in the last two weeks. We have a lot of family and birthdays. Caught some nice grouper in the last two weeks.
  • UgahewesUgahewes Senior Member GAPosts: 5,322 Admiral
    none this year yet

usually 4-5 times a year
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tapatetapate Senior Member SowegaPosts: 5,263 Admiral
    In the past 6-7 times minimum.

The past 3 years... maybe twice total?
  • kgfisherkgfisher Senior Member Posts: 650 Officer
    Only once a year the last few years (if you count scalloping...). Would like to go 2-3 times/year but
    between all the aforementioned commitments it's becoming harder to sneak away. Planning to take
    the oldest daughter snapper fishing in June in OB. And tuna time for me someday...
    "The fishermen know that the sea is dangerous and the storm terrible, but they have never found these dangers sufficient reason for remaining ashore"

- Vincent Van Gogh

2215GAG3.jpg
  • reel cowboyreel cowboy Senior Member Dallas, TxPosts: 565 Officer
    I try to go once or twice a month, more if I'm lucky.
    I don't know how you north GA boys do it, I thought my 100 mile ride was bad but some of ya'll got it worse. I'll go this weekend, just for y'all.