Skip to main content
Home Boating

Need advice...

ChumSlickChumSlick Posts: 252 Officer
Doing a lot of work on my proline 23 center console and have a question... the baitwells original to the boat are garbage. Could do some adjustments and make them useable but I was at a buddy's bait store this a.m. and noticed a Kodiak 50 gal give or take tuna tube setup had 6 or 8 tubes in it.... anyway after looking it over I could pull the top off and set it up as a bait tank instead and put a half inch Plexiglas lid writhing SS hinges and plum it to pull in free water and spill out. Mount that Guy behind the leaning post... what do you think? A new tank that size would run what a grand? I can get this for $300 bucks... please advise...

Replies

• ChumSlickChumSlick Posts: 252 Officer
    12 views and not one person can say... good idea, not gonna work, 300 is a little steep, that's a good deal... nothing?
  • nuclearfishnnuclearfishn Posts: 8,355 Admiral
  • SCFD rtrd.SCFD rtrd. Posts: 1,390 Officer
    50 gals of water is a lot of weight in the back of the boat, plus the weight of the tank (pushing 450 lbs ). Additionally, you will cut-off your walking room between the leaning post and the transom. For $300 you could fix the existing bait-wells and add value to your boat. Just saying.
  • Alex from GAAlex from GA Posts: 1,683 Captain
    Kodiak makes good products and the price doesn't seem out of line. Does the $300 include plumbing and pump which you'll need. You can put a couple of drain holes in the tank to fill it partially if you don't want to carry the weight or if you have less bait. I hope you have trim tabs on your boat.
  • ChumSlickChumSlick Posts: 252 Officer
    I really thought with the tank being in the middle of the boat it wouldn't cause a issue getting on plane... I was also only going to fill it half way. The thing I hate the most about the existing tanks is they are both on port side the larger one being at the stern. The 300.00 doesn't include any plumbing or pump. Its current configuration is a 8 tuna tube setup so I would have to redo it but wouldn't be a problem.