Skip to main content
Home Northwest General Fishing & The Outdoors

I'm rich, this Nigerian gent says so!

tapatetapate Senior MemberSowegaPosts: 5,263 Admiral
Dear Friend,

Due to the sensitivity of my position in office, I consider it unwise to reach you from my corporate email so that no other person will be aware of this information. Please, accept my apologies for using this medium to contact you considering the drastic abuse of the internet. I know that meeting with you personally would have been more appropriate but time could not permit me to embark on an emergency trip to your country. My name is Frederick Akintola, I work with the Code of Conduct Bureau as the Director of Payment Investigation Unit. A panel of inquiry has testified before the Federal Executive Council (FEC) that foreign collaborators also participated in the Financial misconducts during the past regimes by providing offshore bank accounts used by government functionaries to embezzle public funds. In one of my foreign assignments in Europe, I was privileged to glance through the Financial Action Taskforce review that illuminates how the past regimes between 1980-2010 misappropriated over Eight Hundred Million US Dollars through false inheritance claims. Over three international monetary agencies have confirmed that 75% of Nigerian politicians conceal loots in western countries and foreign collaborators are usually employed to claim ownership of looted funds.

It has been clearly stated by both foreign and local analysis that the widely spread scam popularly known as Advance Fee-Fraud is an insight derived from the inheritance channels used by Nigerian politicians to launder looted funds to overseas. The recently financial misappropriation involving over a dozen applicants is finally before the Federal Executive Council (FEC) which is the reason why I am contacting you. It was recorded that certain numbers of foreign applicants have tendered claim applications as (Next of-Kin) to claim the sum of Twenty Million United States Dollars (USD$20M) from the Apex bank of Nigeria. It's an unusual practice and weird to have over a dozen applicants struggling to claim a particular inheritance entitlement. Let me bring to you notice that your name is on the compiled list of persons that has attempted to claim the said amount some years ago. As a result of the intervention of the FEC, the Ministry of Finance was compelled to mandate my Bureau to conduct an independent investigation and verify the rightful beneficiary of this fund. Investigations were carried out but the history of the fund could not be linked to any of the recorded applicant that has shown interest to claim the fund. It was also observed that some of these applicants were mobilized by politicians in top government positions to assist them claim and launder funds to offshore accounts.

Following the Bureau service act, it is my duty to declare such controversial payment “Un-claimable” and refer to the treasury department but will rather manage this fund for my humanitarian vision. I hereby seek for your consent to declare you as the beneficiary of the fund in order to protect it against confiscation by the federal executive council. As the director of Payment Investigation unit, I have the powers to declare a foreigner of my choice as the beneficiary and my employers will not hesitate to release the fund to anyone approved by me. Your role in this venture is to donate 50% of the said amount (USD$10M) to my late wife's orphanage home as a foreign donor and keep the remaining 50% (USD$10M) for yourself as compensation. Though you are not the beneficiary but will consider bestowing this fund on you since it has become a usual practice of the government to purchase arms and ammunitions with confiscated funds. My late father was killed during the civil War “and my conscience will be satisfied if such fund will be used to enhance the lives of the less-privilege children in Africa. Be rest assured that this transaction is genuine and risk free and I have mapped out utmost strategies to enable us accomplish this transaction within two working weeks. I am at the verge of my retirement and will like us to finalize this transaction before my exit from office.

If you will consider my offer of 50%-50% split, please indicate your interest by providing your mobile phone number so that we can discuss the details of this transaction.

Thanks in anticipation.

Yours Sincerely,

Frederick Akintola.

Foreign Payment Investigation Unit,

Nigerian Code of Conduct Bureau.

Replies